wasn't going to introduce myself !

Options
I came across this site accidently and as I looked around I thought this looks good, I liked the tools etc.. I joined with absolutely NO intention of getting involved in any chit chat ! wasn't even going to look at the forums.. but of course I couldn't resist a peek particularly the success stories, every one loves a little motivation right ! Anyway I was SO impressed by not only the stories, but the general feel and friendliness here and the encouragement that everyone gives each other that I felt I would definitely be losing out if I didn't join in :).

So thought I'd start by saying Hello ! I know I don't have a huge amount of weight to lose compared to some,. while 10lbs may not show on some people at all, at 5'2" I can feel it. So I'm trying to do something about it now rather than 6 months down the road when it might be 20lbs

So here I am on the journey ! and I look forward to getting to know you.

R

Replies

• rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I was impressed by the tools too, but then I found the support that is here too. There are some fantastic people here.

Enjoy your journey.

H
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I too love this site. Lots and Lots of great info from exercise to recipes!
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Welcome. I was the same as you, not interested originally in the MFP community, I never utilize any social media tools. I'm not on facebook, I don't tweet, just never was interested. I joined MFP because I loved the tools, logging my food & exercise is very useful, and I had success in the past just doing the same by hand, in a tablet, so I know MFP can really be a great way to manage my health if I can stay motivated. I also don't have alot of extra weight to loose, but just want to get on top of it before I gain any more. My main goal is to adapt & change to a healthier lifestyle. I began to read the community posts & the success stories are very uplifting & motivating. I have a few friends now & I enjoy the interaction. When I see everyone's daily progress & determination, it keeps me going. I have to admit I got off track for the last couple of weeks, but I'm back today, determined to get my butt back in gear. My friends will help!! I'm glad you're here & I wish you luck!! Add me if you like.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And good for you for recognizing that you want to be healthy, no matter the amount of weight you need to lose. Recognizing what is normal for you and how your body reacts to food is the step you need to take in order to not allow yourself to get to where I am... so far overweight that I don't remember how I got here! :explode:

Good luck to you... 10 pounds is hard when that's all you have (from what I understand!). Use the tools. Understand that it's not all about weight loss but about healthy choices and good exercise practices. You'll get exactly where you need to be!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I was going to stay under the radar too, but I realized that the group support was a great way to hold myself accountable. Good luck on your journey!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm trying to lose 10-15 lbs. I'm 4'11" so I know how you feel. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.

Look forward to celebrating your success here with you!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

There's some really nice supportive people here,to help motivate you on your weightless journey!:bigsmile:

Send me a FR if you like,we can motivate each other!:smile:

Having great supportive friends really helps to keep you going!
  • reenymac
    reenymac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the lovely welcomes..
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I suggest you start learning as much as you can... you can find a wealth of information here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

I particularly like the one titled your bodies thoughts on calories

Good luck on your journey and happy reading!

:drinker: