Daily Fat

Hi! I'm new to the site and it seems really great. I especially like the food diary which makes it easy to track calories, fat, protien, etc. My concern is that I seem to exceed by fat allowance each day by a little. When I reviewed the breakdown I realized that 19 grams came from 2 tbsp. of almond butter and 11 grams came from avocado. If that puts me over by <5 fat grams per day, do you think I'm sabatoging my weightloss efforts? I've always heard those fats are "good" fats. Thanks!

Replies

• anandres
    anandres Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I'm new to the site and it seems really great. I especially like the food diary which makes it easy to track calories, fat, protien, etc. My concern is that I seem to exceed by fat allowance each day by a little. When I reviewed the breakdown I realized that 19 grams came from 2 tbsp. of almond butter and 11 grams came from avocado. If that puts me over by <5 fat grams per day, do you think I'm sabatoging my weightloss efforts? I've always heard those fats are "good" fats. Thanks!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    You need fats for certain things and a certain amount of your calories should come from fat. 20 - 30% is a good target.
  • anandres
    anandres Posts: 3 Member
    Ok, thanks Razboo!