What times do you eat your meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    9am - part of breakky (slice of small wholemeal toast)
    10am - more breakky (fruit and small yoghurt)
    11am - last of breakky (anothe slice of wholemeal toast)
    1.30pm - lunch (usually something with chicken breast)
    3.30 - snack (slices pepper and cucumber or a rice cake with humus)
    4.30pm - snack (Pomegranate seeds)
    5pm - left over lunch (few slices of chicken)
    8pm - dinner (this in the only meal that varies hugely day to day but it is between 500 - 600 cals)
    9pm - dessert (usually low cal mousse or fruit)
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I don't have set times persay but I do listen to my body more than I use to. I try to get up around 8 or 8:30 and eat a medium to small breakfast depending on how I feel. I go workout about an hour or so after eating. Typically when I come back my stomach is growling again so I try and eat something to hold me over until lunch. Lunch is around 11 or 12. Snack time is around 3:30 or 4, once again, depending on how I feel that day. I typically start dinner around 4:30 or 5, sometimes a little later. I've been told eating before 9pm is better if possible I guess it's so your body has time to use up the calories eaten before going to sleep. It all just depends on your schedule for the day. For me, as weird as it might sound, waking up at a consist time EVERY day (including weekends) really sets my eating habits in motion.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. I don't eat during set times.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast at 8:00 a.m., lunch between 12:00 & 1:00 p.m., and I have dinner before 7:00 p.m. No food after 7:00 p.m.
    (I eat at about those times too!)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast at 7.15ish (before work),
    morning snack at 11 (usually 25g of nuts),
    lunch at 12.15,
    3pm snack,
    4.30 snack when i get home, before working out,
    dinner at 7,
    evening snack 8.30 sometimes.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good for you getting on the part to recovery. I know it must be a constant struggle and I applaud you for working to become healthy. Remember when you go back to school that's okay to be a little flexiable with the times and if you eat about 6 small healtyh meals throughout the day you'll be in good shape. Now here's what I do:

- I try to eat at the same times every day but being a teacher that doesn't always happen. I get up at 4 to exercise then I'll have a post workout recovery drink and get ready for the day.

- When I'm done with all that I'll east breakfast which is usually between 6 and 6:30. My snack needs to be around 8:30 or 9 and I'll have a coffee, slpash of creamer, and a light snack.

- Lunch is a part of a set schedule. My break is from 10:50 - 11:20. My afternoon snack has to wait until the end of the school day at 3:15, and by that time I need something to eat since lunch was so long ago!

- We usually eat dinner anywhere from 5:30 - 6:30, it just depends on what we have going on. If I eat an early dinner or very low cal then I'll have a snack or dessert soon afterwards.
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Roughly:
    8:00 - Breakfast
    11:00 - Snack
    13:00 - Lunch
    16:00 - Snack
    19:00 - Dinner
  • aliciayudos
    Options
    05:30- Breakfast (since I have to wake up early for school)
    09:00- Snack time (in school)
    12:15- Lunch
    05:00-Dinner (home)
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry, which usually falls into a pattern of breakfast at 10am, lunch around 1-2pm and dinner 6-7pm.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Breakfast around 9 or 10 ish
    Lunch around 12 or 1
    Snack around 3
    Dinner around 630
    Dessert/ post workout chocolate milk around 9
  • minuu
    minuu Posts: 11
    Options
    I ALWAYS eat:
    breakfast: 7:00
    Lunch: 12:00
    dinner: 5:00
  • I eat when I'm hungry. I don't eat during set times.

I miss being able to do that :(
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Due to my day being around 4 hours later than most people, its:

Breakfast: n/a

Lunch - 16:00

Dinner 23:00-00:00.
  • There is nothing wrong with eating after 7- it is a myth that doing so will make you gain weight.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Why are so many of you eating 6 meals a day? Clearly you are not ectomorphs so its quite mind boggling. I enjoy one massive feast in the evening which is about 1900 calories in total and yet I lose weight constantly and get to build some muscle in the process as well.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Breakfast at 1:30-2:00pm
    Snack about 4pm
    Lunch/dinner at 6:30pm
    Drinks and occasionally nibbles until 3am
    Before bed mini meal at 4 or 5am

But I'm odd like that.