Just joined!

Options
I just found this site yesterday and after belonging to another site (paying monthly), I tried to find a free one. BINGO! So far I'm enjoying this site. Seems just like my other one w/o the cost!

My name is Marci and I'm 38 years old. I've struggled with my weight since my middle 20's. I'm married (16 years) and have 3 children. I've recently lost a 14.5 week pregnancy and am still trying to deal with that. My problems for the most part are eating out (fast food) 5 to 10 meals a week at least. I do not like to cook. I love to bake. I work at a physician office that is always loaded with food and goodies. I always eat it.

I have been able to get down to 152 lbs in the past year, but put it right back on because I was tired of "dieting". I find that if I don't have my "head screwed on straight", I cannot lose weight. It seems as though I don't lose until I'm "ready". Now I'm ready.

My new year's resolutions are to;

1) Cook more food at home myself. Not so much ordering out. I know I cannot quit ordering out cold turkey. So my goal is to set Saturday night as my non-cooking meal.

2) Learn how to enjoy a more broader scope of foods. I'm a meat and potato kind of girl. Especially the kind you get at McDonald's. When I do cook, it's pretty good. It's the actual buying the groceries and cooking it part that I hate.

3) Have my children try more foods. I fed my kids fresh crab cakes tonight (that I actually made myself, yay!) and didn't tell them what it was till they said they liked it. My middle daughter flipped out when I told her what it was.....but she liked it! They all did.

4) Cook better for my husband. He and I work seperate shifts and he pretty much fends for himself. He doesn't eat well, obviously.

5) Buy a slow cooker. I haven't had one. Now I do. I bought it at Target yesterday. I've also printed out lots of recipes! Can't wait to cook stuff in that!

Hope to meet some of you!

Marci
183/181/145

Replies

• mjsnee
    mjsnee Posts: 16
    Options
    I just found this site yesterday and after belonging to another site (paying monthly), I tried to find a free one. BINGO! So far I'm enjoying this site. Seems just like my other one w/o the cost!

My name is Marci and I'm 38 years old. I've struggled with my weight since my middle 20's. I'm married (16 years) and have 3 children. I've recently lost a 14.5 week pregnancy and am still trying to deal with that. My problems for the most part are eating out (fast food) 5 to 10 meals a week at least. I do not like to cook. I love to bake. I work at a physician office that is always loaded with food and goodies. I always eat it.

I have been able to get down to 152 lbs in the past year, but put it right back on because I was tired of "dieting". I find that if I don't have my "head screwed on straight", I cannot lose weight. It seems as though I don't lose until I'm "ready". Now I'm ready.

My new year's resolutions are to;

1) Cook more food at home myself. Not so much ordering out. I know I cannot quit ordering out cold turkey. So my goal is to set Saturday night as my non-cooking meal.

2) Learn how to enjoy a more broader scope of foods. I'm a meat and potato kind of girl. Especially the kind you get at McDonald's. When I do cook, it's pretty good. It's the actual buying the groceries and cooking it part that I hate.

3) Have my children try more foods. I fed my kids fresh crab cakes tonight (that I actually made myself, yay!) and didn't tell them what it was till they said they liked it. My middle daughter flipped out when I told her what it was.....but she liked it! They all did.

4) Cook better for my husband. He and I work seperate shifts and he pretty much fends for himself. He doesn't eat well, obviously.

5) Buy a slow cooker. I haven't had one. Now I do. I bought it at Target yesterday. I've also printed out lots of recipes! Can't wait to cook stuff in that!

Hope to meet some of you!

Marci
    183/181/145
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    thmfpwelcome001-1.png

Hi Marci,
    You'll love the crockpot! Lots of ways to cook heatlhy and super time saving!

Glad you've joined us...you might find you like MFP even better...well cheaper to be sure:laugh:
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    welcome!!
  • mermaid99
    Options
    Any good recipies for the Crockpot would be appreciated! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Any good recipies for the Crockpot would be appreciated! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
    Gonna add some to the recipe section at some point when I find the book I'm thinking of but in the meantime you can check out the recipe section on here and you'll probably find some good ones!

If you find some online that you want to figure out the nutrition content on, I added a recipe calculator link to the recipe section, it's on a thread of it's own. Makes figuring out the recipe very easy for portion control!:bigsmile: