how long...

Options
should going from 58 kilos to 40 kilos take me, if i dont do very much excersize, but i only eat about 1000kcal a day?

helppp

Replies

• barbie__X
    Options
    should going from 58 kilos to 40 kilos take me, if i dont do very much excersize, but i only eat about 1000kcal a day?

helppp
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

helppp
    I don't know the kilo's versus cals. The minimum a person should be eating would be 1200 to stay healthy... If a person eats less than that they risk going into a starvation mode and the weigh loss stopping because the body feels it's starving so it hangs onto lbs at all costs!..

Glancing at your profile... at the weight you'd like to drop 1/2 at most a week perhaps to start out, but really hard to say, you mentioned 'you can't bother with excercise'... so that'll come into the equasion as well...:ohwell:

MFP will be able to let you know your loss goals if you add all your info in it'll give you an approximate goal for you individually.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    40 kilos is 88 pounds... if you're 5'5, that is way underweight. eat 1200 cals a day and do some strength training if you're wanting to tone up
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    40 kilos is 88 pounds... if you're 5'5, that is way underweight. eat 1200 cals a day and do some strength training if you're wanting to tone up
    OMG:noway: :sad: so sad.... I do hope you totally increase the cals you mentioned you eat on several of your other threads you began... seriously!! It's just plain THAT important:frown: :ohwell:

how many lbs. are you looking to lose already down to 88 lbs at 5'5 and all?:noway:
  • barbie__X
    Options
    but i just dont eat anymore than that, it makes me feel sick when i eat more
    i want to go from 127lbs
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I'm not so sure this is the site for you if you're not interested in eating... some folks join here to gain, others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and many folks come to lose and learn new eating habits..:bigsmile:

88 lbs and still wanting to lose...not sure how we can help you unless you're looking to gain lbs, healthy habits and a lifestyle change here on MFP...not just for now but for a lifetime...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Your body is probably simply not used to a healthy amount of cals in it... probably why you feel ill when you eat....
  • barbie__X
    Options
    no no no im 127 just now, i want to get down to 88
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options

why?
  • barbie__X
    Options
    because i want to be a size 6 instead of a size 10, most of my friends are really skinny, and my is very weight conscious, and it just makes me want to lose a little bit more
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

88lbs is dangerously unhealthy. Please reconsider how much you want to lose, if you need to lose and why you would want to be at a weight that would put you at risk for health problems.
  • barbie__X
    Options
    [/quote]
    88lbs is dangerously unhealthy. Please reconsider how much you want to lose, if you need to lose and why you would want to be at a weight that would put you at risk for health problems.
    [/quote]

is that really unhealthy? what do you think would be healthy then? all i know is i want to be a lot lighter than i am at the moment
  • msbuc77
    Options
    Barbie...you really need to get into the gym and shape your body. Turn the ftty areas into muscle. Your weight is good for your height. Don't make yourself sick for other people. Strenght training and shapeing would be really good. You ould lose the inches, but not the pounds.
  • keiko
    Options
    If you want to be tighter start weight training. But as you gain muscle you will gain on the scale. You won't be gaining fat but the numbers will go up.
    I can't tell you what a healthy weight is. How tall are you?

Remember size is just a number. I know you want to be a smaller one but don't put your health at risk to get it.
  • barbie__X
    Options
    Barbie...you really need to get into the gym and shape your body. Turn the ftty areas into muscle. Your weight is good for your height. Don't make yourself sick for other people. Strenght training and shapeing would be really good. You ould lose the inches, but not the pounds.

hmmm but if i gain muscle i will gain weight wont i? and i've never liked the look of muscly legs.:flowerforyou:
  • barbie__X
    Options
    If you want to be tighter start weight training. But as you gain muscle you will gain on the scale. You won't be gaining fat but the numbers will go up.
    I can't tell you what a healthy weight is. How tall are you?

Remember size is just a number. I know you want to be a smaller one but don't put your health at risk to get it.

I'm 5"5, maybe a tiny bit smaller, i just want to weigh less, so when i stand on a scale it doesn't make me look fat.
  • keiko
    Options
    A range of 113-138lbs is considered healthy for your height. You are right in that range.

Yes the number on the scale can go up when you start weight training. Don't look at that number but look at how your body feels and looks.

You don't have to become a body builder with muscular legs (or any other body parts) but you will tone and give definition. It will make you look leaner even though the number on the scale says otherwise.

Oh and just so you know, you don't look fat. Your letting that number say something to you that is not true.
  • barbie__X
    Options
    A range of 113-138lbs is considered healthy for your height. You are right in that range.

Yes the number on the scale can go up when you start weight training. Don't look at that number but look at how your body feels and looks.

You don't have to become a body builder with muscular legs (or any other body parts) but you will tone and give definition. It will make you look leaner even though the number on the scale says otherwise.

Oh and just so you know, you don't look fat. Your letting that number say something to you that is not true.

thank you :) so if i was to lose about 12 lbs instead then i would still be considered healthy?
    ill give the weight training a go, and see how it is :)
    :flowerforyou:
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options

hmmm but if i gain muscle i will gain weight wont i? and i've never liked the look of muscly legs.:flowerforyou:

woman don't bulk up with muscle like men do because we don't have the same amount of testosterone as they do. strength training is good for keeping the lean muscle you have ans strengthening it. then as you eat healthier, you will lose more fat. if you starve yourself to get down to a weight of 88 lbs, you'll have the "skinny fat" look because your body will also be losing muscle weight, not just fat
  • keiko
    Options
    I am glad that you are thinking more about it. Just remember to not be alarmed if the scale goes up during weight training. I would not even weigh yourself. Just take some time and see the difference it can make in how your body looks. You might be surprised that you can look thinner even though you are heavier.
    I was 115 at one point and went up to 120. I looked thinner at 120 because my body was more toned.

Keep posting on here so you can show everyone your progress.