Japanese Steak House ~ HELP

Options
Going to lunch at House of Japan, which is a Japanese Steakhouse here in Columbus, Ohio. I'm between a rock and a hard place. I have no idea how to categorize what I want to have. I think I have found the appropriate calories for the fried rice @ 470 for a serving, but I'm coming up blank with either the filet or chicken. I want to be as accurate as possible, and this is a bit of a treat for me.

Anyone have any experience with trying to determine nutritional info on this type of food?

Worse case scenario I guess I can try to take the base nutrition and add calories for butter or what not, but yeah kinda lost at the moment. :(

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your going to be having fun.
    Honestly, I'd just do a quick add calorie, set yourself to 0 for the day.

Go have fun. Drink sake.
  • hightopps
    Options
    If they have a website, you might be able to find the nutritional info there. There might be a "contact" option, which would let you ask. Restaurants, in my experience, get back to you in about a day or so.

Good luck! and enjoy!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Hi, I find that people have entered a lot of information under Benihana's - I use those entries for my visits to Japanese steakhouses, even if I don't go to Benihana.

I also often order a double order of the veggies, and forego the rice entirely. :)
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It's top secret! :)

I assume it's a place where you watch them cook it so you have a good idea of what's in it. The devil is the seafood sauce. I made it at home once and it is chock full of fat, calories, and sodium (guess that's why it tastes so good!). The place here has doubled my veggies, halved my rice and cooked it in just oil for me. I tasted good and I felt good about it. Have tun!
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I usually get Hibachi Chicken when I go, the database has several entries for it. I've found the one that say Benihana-Chciken Hibachi to be the most accurate.
  • emswear
    Options
    go to the add food and search just japanese, or japanese steak/chicken and it comes up with all kinds of hibachi meals and stuff! I'm sure you can find something comparable. or just have fun and don't think about it! drink a glass of plum wine, its really good, but sweet!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, that sauce is super-high caloric! I skipped it (I went Saturday night) and still had a very tasty meal.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I say just do a really good workout before you go, then do your best for the calories. If you go over a bit this one time I wouldn't worry about it. It's good to mix things up so your body doesn't get used to the same amounts all the time. The zig-zag I think it's called?
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi, I find that people have entered a lot of information under Benihana's - I use those entries for my visits to Japanese steakhouses, even if I don't go to Benihana.

I was going to suggest this too...I use Benihana for my local Japanese Steakhouse. I tend to splurge on calories there...I love me some Japanese steakhouse food LOL.