Well, that settles it, I am a failure

Options
I am so totally over it all now. I am back up to 235. I eat all the time and I just feel like I can't do this. I set goals and stick with them for a month or so then get back on the same ol crap and loose faith in myself. I haven't checked in because I am so embarresed. Pity? Nope, don't want that... I just want to win!!!

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I am so totally over it all now. I am back up to 235. I eat all the time and I just feel like I can't do this. I set goals and stick with them for a month or so then get back on the same ol crap and loose faith in myself. I haven't checked in because I am so embarresed. Pity? Nope, don't want that... I just want to win!!!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    you can so do this :flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    well, I feel like crap!!!!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    crap is a great motivator!!! who wants to stay down at the bottom smelling that stuff all the time? get up there and do it! one day at a time!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    If you can stick with it for a month then you can stick with it longer.
    Just get up tomorrow morning and start again. If you fall one day don't let it turn into two. Get back up and keep going.
    The only ones that don't win are the ones that don't get back up and try again.
    Be a winner! Reach for your goals!
  • kmdougherty
    Options
    You are not a failure, you had a set-back...I returned to the program yesterday and did not stay within my range AT ALL today and i felt bad about it, but all I can do is try again tomorrow! Remember; Live, Laugh, Love :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    well ya just checked in NOW:wink::flowerforyou: Good to see ya:drinker: ... there are several folks still struggling from over the Holidays come join the party....we're all getting healthier together each and every day... !:flowerforyou:

Remember it's a journey Hon, a lifelong one..... peaks and valleys and all that jazz along the way:laugh: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Let me tell you, you have company!! I have been a member for several months, done good keeping track for the first few months then I slacked off keeping track. My excuse is that I got busy with the kids and holidays, well I have gained all that I lost and they brought friends - several of them. So don't loose faith in your self, we can win that this battle. Just hang in there and know that you are not alone!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Go back & re-read your original inspirations. Dieting/losing weight can be difficult but think about the "mirror image" you originally wrote about, what does that mean to you?

It's a new year so plot out new motivations and new inspirations! You can soooooo do this! :flowerforyou:
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up.... I think there are MANY here who have fallen off the wagon with the holidays and everyone being busier this time of year. Myself included.

If you want to change your habits and have come back to do that, then you are NOT a failure. Just had a set back. From this day forward.....

Best of luck in this journey - there are lots that are with you.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Just keep saying to yourself I can do this :love: Because I love myself . We are in this together so keep your chin up and know that all of us are here for you. :smile: Here is to Good Luck :drinker:
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Keep trying. I have the same problem - not because I am hungry but because I just love food with all of its many flavors. But I keep trying, just like when I quit smoking. I quit many, many times but after 21 years of smoking it was a hard habit to break so it took several tries. Don't stop trying.
  • natashak
    Options
    we are all in the same boat.

Im starting again tomorrow. YOu can do it. Don't give up! don't.Keep trying, keep smiling. Its a never ending journey!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    This has to be a change for life so when you fall off the wagon, which we all do, you just pick yourself up and start over. I was laying in bed this morning thinking the same way you are and I had to remind myself that yes I can do it. Just take one day at a time and it actually makes it all easier!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Go back & re-read your original inspirations. Dieting/losing weight can be difficult but think about the "mirror image" you originally wrote about, what does that mean to you?

It's a new year so plot out new motivations and new inspirations! You can soooooo do this! :flowerforyou:

I agree. I have been in plateau for 8 weeks or so and have not given up. Today I stepped on the scale and lost a pound.

I am doing this for health reasons. I feel energetic and younger when I am eating right and exer more. I dont ever want to go back to the old me.

NO gimmics, no special diets of chicken wings and meat, no colon cleanses, no pills.....just good ol fashion eating they way our bodies were intended to eat. And Exercising each and every day.

Good luck EL, I hope and pray today is the 1st day of the rest of your life!:flowerforyou:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Figure out which foods are causing you the most problems and tell them to take a flying f---, I mean leap. :devil: Sorry, but food addictions in myself really piss me off, and I just refuse to have anything to do with those foods anymore. It's the only way I don't fall off the wagon over and over and over. (Been there.)

You can do it. You're stronger than the foods you're fighting with. :heart:
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You can do it!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

If you are getting back up, dusting yourself off and trying again, then guess what...........YOU HAVEN'T FAILED!!! You have merely had a temporary set back.
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Even though u have fallen off the wagon..GET BACK UP!!!!! You CAN do this..I still struggle and I've been tryin to lose weight for 2 years now and I have lost alot and gained some of it back and lsot it again..Its a battle we have to chose to win to fight against our bodies make them healthy and stay that way...I believe in u n u know u believe in yourself...So come on lets beat this weight together..1 pound at a time..WE ALL CAN DO THIS....:flowerforyou: