Newbie who's confused...

Options
2»

Replies

• bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My appologies for asking a question that has been asked/answered a million times.
    No need to apologize, it is a question asked daily so people who get upset about it should know the routine and ignore. :wink:

Thank you! :smile:
  • tohealth4me
    tohealth4me Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As a newbie I am still confused. I checked my settings, and I have my weekly exercise targets in there.

Assuming that I am meeting those targets, do I need to enter my exercise, get more calories, and eat them?

OR are they included, and thus don't really need to track my exercise as long as I am not going over my planned exercise each week?
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    As a newbie I am still confused. I checked my settings, and I have my weekly exercise targets in there.

Assuming that I am meeting those targets, do I need to enter my exercise, get more calories, and eat them?

OR are they included, and thus don't really need to track my exercise as long as I am not going over my planned exercise each week?
    those are just goals you set and can review, otherwise log excercise and eat back the calories burned....or not, if you wish.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    To "tohealth4me":

The suggestions you make about exercise goals during the original information you fill in are just that - suggestions for goals. Those are not taken into consideration when figuring out your deficit for the pounds-per-week you want to lose.

Yes, still enter your exercise each day. Yes, eat those calories to round out your day.

If you've read all of these entries you see that there are two distinct camps ... one for and one against eating your exercise calories. Do not allow yourself to fail because you choose to stand in one corner or the other. Do what works for you for a HEALTHY you... so do your homework here and on the internet. Try something for a month, works, great, doesn't work, try something else. This is a healthy living style, not a diet. Change takes time. Healthy takes time.
  • tohealth4me
    tohealth4me Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thank you! This was really my first week of following and tracking, and I made the assumption that since it was in my settings, I didn't have to add it. Live and learn! Thanks for the information.