trying to control diabet with my fitness pal

Im starting work out and hoping that I can control my diet with this program, Greetings from Iceland Helga

Replies

• plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Greetings It does help u control diabetics I think its the accounting for the food If u eat it log it even that half of candy bar no one saw u eat lol when I look at menus I see what I didnt need Today is my first day back you can do it good luck
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Hi Helga!
    This forum is a great help which I know will help you. If you want real accountability be sure to let your friends see you food diary; that really helps me.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.

Best of luck on your weight loss efforts & controlling your diabetes.

Jamie
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Im starting work out and hoping that I can control my diet with this program, Greetings from Iceland Helga

You are in the right place. Try incorportating flax seed in your diet. http://www.flaxseed.com/howflaxseedhelp.htm:flowerforyou:
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    If you are also diabetic, I would go to My Home > Goals > Custom and change your protein/carb ration.
    For most diabetics, lowering your bad carbs and upping yoru protein works best (diet wise).

I used to be diabetic ... I changed my settings to 45% protein, 25% carb, 30% fat
    I stopped eating processed carbs and try to stick to whole grain, quinoa etc.
    Of course no one is perfect so I have my little cheats :)

Carbs = sugar = not what you want if you're diabetic :)
  • I will give that a try, thanks
  • 10824091.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods