New here! SAHM and need motivation!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jen. I have two children who are 2 and 4 and I am a stay at home Mom. I feel like I've been "trying" to lose weight since I had my daughter 4 years ago. I am slowly getting heavier and heavier, and I am currently at my heaviest. I refuse to buy even bigger clothes and spend my days in my work out clothes, but yet I never exercise. I joined a Mommy and Me bootcamp that starts next Monday and I am tracking my calories here at MFP. I am just so frustrated with myself and I want to feel good again and teach my children how important exercise and eating healthy are. I always welcome new friends and I would appreciate any advice that has really helped you. Thank you so much!

6505682.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    You can do it! I'm a SAHM too! My kids are 3yrsold and 18 months old. If you need any help, add me and message me. Good luck!
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Omigosh, we have IDENTICAL stories! I tell myself that I DESERVE to be thin & healthy. Also, as a parent, it's my job to teach my children healthy eating habits & a healthy lifestyle. My children are also 2 & 4 and love to "help" me make healthy meals. You can do this! You deserve to be healthy! Hang in there! It gets easier as it becomes habit!
  • jen_pughe
    jen_pughe Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you everyone! It's tough being a Mommy, because I never put myself first anymore and I need to work harder on that. I think it would only help me to be a better Mom in the long run. I appreciate your support!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Im not a stay at home mom but I am a full time working mom of a 6 year old and a 5 month old so I know how it feels to struggle to loose the weight. Your in good company :)
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    If you're interested, I'm in the last week of a SAHM challenge.. we'll be re-starting to do another round before Christmas! There are some other AWESOME moms on there.. and we're all pretty good on the motivation/ encouragement bit!
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    We're all here for you! I'm a SAHM too, with two very active little one ;) I have been on here for a few mos now and really love it. It takes some time to get used to logging everything, but when you get frustrated or whatever ask for help on here or just vent! I have found it very helpful :) Senf me a friend request if you like!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Welcome! I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a SAHM with a two little ones as well. I was determined and driven to lose weight and actually lost about 25 pounds. I then decided to take a small break. That small break turned into a big break. I lost my motivation and have gained all that I lost, but not more than that. I refuse to let it go any further and am kicking myself in the butt to lose it all again and hopefully keep it off. I know what you're feeling and while it's can be challenging to lose weight, it can be done and you can do it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,910 Member
    I'm a stay at home dad and know it can be done. You just have to "make" that one hour just for you or you'll go crazy. I know so many moms that don't and they end up taking out their frustrations on spouses, kids, or even people. Don't end up being one of those "meanies".
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    I am right there with you. My kids are 18 months and three years and I find it incredibly hard to focus on myself and my weight loss. For the past three years, I have losing the same 5-7 lbs over and over, plus adding a few new pounds every once in a while. I start off strong but then my efforts fall apart after a week or so.

Right now I am trying to focus on creating a few new habits at a time, like making sure I eat a healthy breakfast and trying to work in exercise where I can throughout the day.

Good luck! Hopefully we can help support each other!