Peanut butter brand?

Options

Replies

• brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'll stop eating (moderately) my original JIF creamy peanut butter when they pull my cold dead hand from the jar!! :bigsmile:

LOL!
  • JCGilbert
    Options
    Have you ever tried "Better N Peanut Butter?" 100 cals for 2 Tablespoons. Only 2 gr fat and the low sodium only has 95mg of sodium. It's available at Trader Joes for about 5$ per 16 oz jar. It is mostly made from peanut flour. I prefer it to the slippery, slimy feel of Skippy, etal. Google it...
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    crazy richards peanut butter
  • erszike48
    Options
    Naturally More peanut butter is the BEST! It's at Walmart. $2.82. It has flax seeds and wheat germ and is made with egg whites and honey and tastes so good, you'll never go back to anything else.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Co is a good brand. It only contains peanuts and salt. I like to use MaraNatha also.

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/article/best-peanut-butter

It has oil in it, too. I use the Dark Chocolate Dreams in my smoothie and I read ingredients of everything before I try it.

What's funny is it has no added sugar, but it has a higher sugar content than the Skippy Natural.

Oh ok... I was just going off of what that website post said. I have never tried PB & Co. Thanks for the info....

Don't get me wrong -- I eat it almost every day and it's really good. But it does have oil. :-)

We have EarthFare here and they have fresh ground dark chocolate and peanut butter that's very similar to the PB&Co., though, so I think I'm going to switch to that. It tastes as good without the oil. But it's not as smooth, so using it on a sandwich might not be as good as in my smoothies.
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    I just bought the organic stuff from target too. It's called Archer Farms. I was a little disconcerted by the oil on top...it makes a mess, so I decided to store in the fridge to see what happens. Traditional processed stuff becomes too hard in the fridge and rips the bread when you spread (in my experience), but this stuff actually becomes the perfect consistency (and the oil seemed to reincorporate, too). As far as taste, I have become sensitive to food and drink that are too sweet or too salty...I find this stuff is neither so it works for me.

Hope that helps.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Amen! I bought Better n' peanut butter - but it's not. I love my Jif. a serving of 2 tbls is almost too much, so I go with 1 to get my satisfaction
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :-) I printed out all your responses. I will try them one at a time until I find the right peanut butter for me :-)

Thank you
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I second Naturally More PB. You do have to mix it well since the oils separate from the PB.
  • skinnygirl49
    Options
    I use powdered peanut butter (Bells Plantation product) and add a sweetner to it. 2 TBSP - 45 calories ( 1 serving ). Much better then the 190 to 200 calories from the other brands.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I like the better n peanut butter by trader joes, but it definately is not the same as regular pb. I think Smart Balance is really good, and has omega fats also!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I get Jif Natural... only to make myself feel better about it! :laugh: I think it's pretty much the same thing as original Jif.

I eat a tablespoon or two a day. Delicious.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Teddie's Natural Peanut Butter with Flaxseed oil (smooth or chunky).

Processed peanut butter generally has partially hydrogenated oils to keep the oil from separating. That stuff is really bad for you.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Adam's Natural - Creamy (salted or unsalted). Yum.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Planters Creamy. It's my addiction.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Adams. . .

Other than that I buy MaraNatha . . almond buttter or sunflowerseed butter.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Teddie's Natural Peanut Butter with Flaxseed oil (smooth or chunky).

Processed peanut butter generally has partially hydrogenated oils to keep the oil from separating. That stuff is really bad for you.

Skippy Natural does not. :-)

That's one of the reasons I tried it in the first place.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Natures promise organic and only 5 soduim and low sugar
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I like Smucker's All Natural Peanut Butter, but I also love the Archer Farms Almond, Peanut, and Cashew Butter from Target as well as freshly ground raw cashew butter (and the other freshly ground nut butters) from Whole Foods.
  • JasonsWeightliftingWife
    Options
    Smucker's All Natural peanut butter ... I LOVE it and easily prefer it over the processed stuff.
    This is my fave too. Organic is best!