Please help me recover from TERRIBLE food weekend....

Options
2»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You gotta live!! If you had fun, it was well worth it. Today is a new day. Start fresh.
  • Cokamo
    Options
    Weekend events, dinners out, etc are going to happen in your normal life now and forever. Sometimes you'll do better at them than others. In order to keep your self on tract, you have to see it as just part of your life and not a major setback. Get back on track, don't beat yourself up and move forward. I like to consider things like that as stimulation for my metabolism...I figure it needs an OCCASIONAL curve ball :P Allow yourself a little treat now and again.

Getting back on track is hard after a weekend like that for me just because it's too easy to fall back into old habits, but just don't focus on it. Consider it a bump in the road and not a detour. Get back on track, do damage control and while you may or may not have a big loss week, you'll at least avoid a large gain week. That way, you find balance in your life and diet. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Dont give up. You will just start up again and again so why not do this now and get it over with? I couple of things that i did to keep me on track was get more active MFP friends, also putting your food diary public will make you think twice about what you actually eat. Also find a workout that you enjoy and do it.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH....I am OVERWHELMED with all your good thoughts and support! This really is a great community of really nice and helpful people. Thank you all SOOOOOO much! I am going to keep reading your thoughts throughout the week....and hopefully will take all of your advice!
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Take your negative, embarassing situation and turn into a positive! That's what I did. For the first time this summer I was told I couldnt fit on an amusement ride with all the other riders watching and in front of my son and hubby. Talk about humiliated, I was more like devestated!! Well the very next day I told myself I cannot let that happen to me again, EVER again! I joined the gym and 35 or so days later, I'm down 13lbs!!! You can DO IT!

Just know you will have good days and bad days but don't use the bad days as an excuse to do more bad things. Tell yourself you'll do better. You do want to fit in the arena seats or movie theater seats or airplane seats don't you? Good thing about it happening yesterday is you get today to start all over. We're here, add me as a friend if you want some support and encouragement :-)

Cheers to a new you!!
    Angela
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you this....

Can you change the weekend? Can you change the choices you made over the weekend?

No. But, do you have the ability to make better choices now?

Absolutely.

Do not let one weekend derail you. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward. Don't look back - you can't change what's already happened. You can, however, make sure that it doesn't continue. Will it be easy? Nope. I think all of us can tell you that it is easy to fall back into our bad habits - because they are what we are used to doing. Comfort. Changing the choices we make isn't easy because it is different. Let's face it.. humans love what is familiar and are uncomfortable with the things that are not familiar.

Look at today as the beginning. Forget all the rest of it.

You can do this.
  • ebartle
    ebartle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello
    My name is Eric and I have been using My Fitness Pal for about a month and find it very helpful.
    I have lost 40 pounds over the past year and am now focusing on maintenance. I am doing quite well in that I exercise 5-6 days a week mainly running about 3 miles each of those days.

My biggest problem is between meal snacking, especially with sweets(chocolate my favorite). I am always looking for suggestions.
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny....Been there done that... more times then I'd like to admit too. You have to look at today as a new day and not think about what you did yesterday and do what needs to be done today! Take it one day at a time and if you have a bad day so what, get back on track today. Why let one bad day mess up maybe weeks or months of hard work. We all beat ourselves up way to much for having a slip up. Find an activity that you like to do, eat the healthy foods you like drink plenty of water and before you know it your butt will fit in that stadium chair with room to spare! I had that same feeling but on an airplane when that seat belt wouldn't buckle I was so embarrassed. I'm hoping that I never have that feeling again. Good luck to you :smile:
  • jennyrebekka
    Options
    Thanks so much.....you are so right....the thought of next time maybe NOT fitting into the seat is good motivation in itself. Thanks for the kind words!
  • jennyrebekka
    Options
    @chevy88grl - thank you! i hope i can remember these words the next time i want to eat everything in site!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way. Say at the end of today, you take your dirty underwear off and throw them on the floor. Now, you could choose to pick up your underwear and throw them in the hamper, or you could leave them there...and then the next day you see the dirty pair on the floor and you think, "Ah well, there's already one pair on the floor, I might as well toss these on the floor too. Next thing you know, you have an entire bedroom full of your own dirty underwear. It's stinky, you can't move around your room very well and not to mention, you're running out of clean underwear!

So you threw one pair of underwear on the floor. That doesn't mean you have to fill your room with dirty underwear....that will just mean you will have WAY more work to do once you decide your room is too dirty to handle. Pick up the pair of underwear, put them in the hamper and move on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just re-read that and it sounds a little crazy, but it makes a little sense, right??
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way. Say at the end of today, you take your dirty underwear off and throw them on the floor. Now, you could choose to pick up your underwear and throw them in the hamper, or you could leave them there...and then the next day you see the dirty pair on the floor and you think, "Ah well, there's already one pair on the floor, I might as well toss these on the floor too. Next thing you know, you have an entire bedroom full of your own dirty underwear. It's stinky, you can't move around your room very well and not to mention, you're running out of clean underwear!

So you threw one pair of underwear on the floor. That doesn't mean you have to fill your room with dirty underwear....that will just mean you will have WAY more work to do once you decide your room is too dirty to handle. Pick up the pair of underwear, put them in the hamper and move on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just re-read that and it sounds a little crazy, but it makes a little sense, right??

But then you have a ready made pillow if you ever fall asleep on the floor!!!