Scary but not gory

deeharley
deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
I promised my 15 year-old son I would find him a couple horror movies that I would allow him to watch. Our problem is this, he wants to be scared out of his wits and I won't allow tons of blood splatter in my home. And don't bother telling me "Lighten up, Mom," It ain't going to happen. When he moves out in three years, he's got the rest of his life to catch up on those. For now, do you have any suggestions? An example - bloodwise, I would allow Cloverfield, or . . . wow, I don't watch many scary movies. Anyway????

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Saw :-) :devil:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Wow lighten up mom. it is just a movie with fake blood. Does he play video games? Those are way worse in my opinion since you are afflicting the pain and blood on these people in the game. You probably think he doesnt watch x rated movies either.. *cough*
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Ginger Snaps
  • The Changeling with George C. Scott. it's from 1980, no blood at all, and it's more psycological (sp) than 'horror'.... it'll mess ya up though... my all time favourite movie. i watch it a couple of times a year, and it still gives me shivers.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Saw :-) :devil:

Holy CATS!! I'm glad I didn't promise him I 'd let him watch whatever you jokers recommended. :noway:
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    The shining
  • The Changeling with George C. Scott. it's from 1980, no blood at all, and it's more psycological (sp) than 'horror'.... it'll mess ya up though... my all time favourite movie. i watch it a couple of times a year, and it still gives me shivers.

This film scared the friggin BEEJEEZUS out of me when I was 12!! Excellent choice!!
  • Pans Labyrinth

9313855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • The Others, Inception, Paranormal Activity, IT... I don't watch many either, and as an over protective mom (by todays standards) I am right there with you. It is in my power what they feed their minds while they live with me, just like I get to decide if they over eat or not. Well done mama!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Paranormal Activity 1 & 2 (still scares me). Plus Paranormal Activity 3 comes out in October in theatres.
  • Insidious

No blood, but scary as hell! My hubby and I almost slept with the lights on :)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Ok, so Saw was gory. Get him The Human Centipede. No gore. Still gross.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    The blood splatter won't actually get in your house.

Amnityville Horror, The Ring, Suspira, Silence of the Lambs...

OMG, I can't remember if Candyman was bloody or not but that would mostly be because I watched it through a blanket, it was that creepy, and I LOVE horror movies. But yeah, that was an awesome movie.
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    I don't think Stephen King's Christine (1983) had much, if any, blood, but I recall that it scarred the heck out of me when I was younger.