Light-headed

Options
Not sure where to post this...
So the last few days I've been going over calories by a lot. This morning I woke up feeling so full the thought of food made me gag. I drank an iced coffee with sugar free syrup and some soymilk to get me through class. A while later I started to have really awful 'must-get-to-toilet NOW' moments, and have had to make lots of trips to the restroom. Now I'm feeling rather light-headed, but the thought of food just doesn't appeal to me. I also have to teach a yoga class in a few hours, and I really don't want to leave everyone in downward dog as I make multiple trips to the restroom.

What should I do? Should I eat something? Should I just drink lots of water?

Replies

• mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're coming down with something. I would try to eat normally and if there is no change by tomorrow, I'd call the doctor. Not an expert. Just a mom. Feel better.
  • duvlady
    Options
    sounds like maybe a bug. i'd stick with water or sprite... anything easy on stomach. should be gone in 24 hrs. if you don't put anything on stomach other than liquids. hot green tea sometimes good or camomile. no solids 24 hrs.
    better get someone else to teach your yoga class for today - so that you will be "all there" tomorrow.
  • ilike2run
    ilike2run Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would drink a little gatorade/powerade (4-6 ounces) every hour and see if this is just an electrolyte imbalance (the most common cause of dizziness). Have you been drinking alcohol?? could be that your kidneys are just dry. Pick some light, low calorie foods to consume the next few days and try to "right" your system. I have 24 years of clinical health care expericence--6 in a family practice office--hopefully that helps. If not, you should see your doctor!!! :) Hope you get feeling better.
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free ANYTHING has me running to the potty in a BAD way, Coffee does the same...

For me what works is to eat something kinda plain, not spicy, certainly without sweeteners... Banana, a little brown rice...

Water but not too much cause if I am already having "issues" too much aggravates it more.

Good Luck, I hope you feel better soon!

~ Sonia
  • hosment
    Options
    It sounds like you have a stomach bug. I doubt it's anything to do with going over calories the past few days. Try to rest up as much as possible, drink water and listen to your body. If it doesn't get better go to the doctor- could be a food intolerance or something irritating your gut but is probably more likely a bug. The light headedness will most likely be from not eating due to feeling unwell. Get better soon.
  • ilike2run
    ilike2run Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    p.s. And I would not go to Yoga...you would hate to make yourself worse or expose someone else to something yucky!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Drink water.......and maybe something like ginger ale (which helps to soothe the stomach) or chamomile tea. STay away from ANYTHING with chemicals - fake sugars, fake fats. They will only irritate an already-irritated stomach.

I agree with the previous posters - try to eat normally.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    How much is alot? If you had alot of extra fat and you're body isnt used to it, it could be just that. It can digest right and you're bringing it up.

Try crackers and ginger ale? See how you feel tonight. Perhaps you should cancel on the yoga class, if you're not feeling up to it, unless you can teach w/out doing
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    My best guess based on experience is that the dizziness is you coming off of the caffeine and the running to the bathroom is due to the coffee. Unfortunately, both happen to me almost every time I have coffee :( I wouldn't worry about it too much, but try decaf next time. My guess is that you will feel loads better :)
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I would drink a little gatorade/powerade (4-6 ounces) every hour and see if this is just an electrolyte imbalance (the most common cause of dizziness). Have you been drinking alcohol?? could be that your kidneys are just dry. Pick some light, low calorie foods to consume the next few days and try to "right" your system. I have 24 years of clinical health care expericence--6 in a family practice office--hopefully that helps. If not, you should see your doctor!!! :) Hope you get feeling better.

I don't drink alcohol, luckily. But I can't stand gatorade or powerade. I guess I'll just try to re-hydrate and see if that helps.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My best guess based on experience is that the dizziness is you coming off of the caffeine and the running to the bathroom is due to the coffee. Unfortunately, both happen to me almost every time I have coffee :( I wouldn't worry about it too much, but try decaf next time. My guess is that you will feel loads better :)

Yeah... coffee has done this to me in the past, but the light-headedness is new. I also have not had bowel problems for a while when drinking coffee, but I might've been pushing it with the primo-sized iced coffee.

And... cancelling my class is out of the question. My workplace is very strict about the rules: I have to give a week's notice before cancelling anything. Or 24 hours if I want someone to cover for me. Since I don't feel contagious, per se, and the yoga studio is pretty open (and air-conditioned) I think the participants will be okay.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that, I drink Ginger Ale seems to make my stomach feel better. Feel better soon.