not losing- probably my fault!

Options
hi everyone who is as bored as i am... even bored enough to read yet another post about not losing weight....

i am 5'1 and around 119 pounds, so i really don't have a lot of weight to lose, but it seems like i could lose at least 5 more pounds, couldn't i? i've been tracking my calories since the end of june, did the 30 day shred and am now doing c25k. i didn't eat my exercise calories back when i first started, so i lost a few pounds FAST in the beginning but obviously that eventually slows down one's metabolism.

i have lost inches, so i'm still mostly happy with how things are going, but this gradual of a weight loss has me thinking... mostly about my food choices. "hmmm... i have 600 calories left, maybe i've earned some smores and a couple oreos?" or even "i think i'll have another apple." sugar is a weakness, natural or otherwise... if i cut back on the sugar do you think i'd see more of a weight loss? i'm certainly willing to do it if it means seeing results, but i guess i need to believe it'll help because i do so love sugar!

so, let me have it! i'm not so concerned about what the scales say, but i know i could lose more body fat... just have to figure out how!

Replies

• Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Could you be losing fat and gaining muscle? You should go off measurements, not weight.

Your sugar intake is a bit high.

Do you do any strength training?
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    since i finished the 30 day shred at the end of july, my strength training is more limited... i've backed off on the strength training a bit since i started running, but i still try to get in about 10-15 minutes after my run...nothing too strenuous, just light weights with higher reps, jumping squats, that type of thing.

i know i've gained some muscle, but i also know there's a bit more fat hanging on...