Eating too much protein

I seem to be eating too much protein. It is still showing that I'm going to lose weight. Is that bad that I'm eating too much protein?

Replies

• I seem to be eating too much protein. It is still showing that I'm going to lose weight. Is that bad that I'm eating too much protein?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Depends on HOW much protein you're talking about.
    MFP tends to be alittle low with the protein allowance, so I don't worry about if if I'm 5 to 15 grams higher than what it allows me. And I've had a pretty steady weight loss. Some weeks I stayed the same, but over all, I've lost slowely and steadily. :smile:
  • yeah I'm 15 over :blushing: but I still have 122 calories left.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    I've always gone over on protein...for almost a year now. I weight train, so not to much of a bad thing.

Don't worry about that. Just focus on the calorie aspect of it if you want to lose weight.:flowerforyou:
  • dietracker
    dietracker Posts: 17 Member
    I like the idea of paying attention to calories... I have done the weight lifters diet my whole life and though I have had tremendous success, my mind isnt free and I still fear "normal" calories will cause me to gain weight. This is a new concept for me so I look forward to trusting the MFP calculator and see if I am finally able to find the balance I have been wanting my whole life. Whatever imput anyone can give about this Id love to hear from you.

Thanks, Lacy

116098.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • SoupNazi
    I like the idea of paying attention to calories... I have done the weight lifters diet my whole life and though I have had tremendous success, my mind isnt free and I still fear "normal" calories will cause me to gain weight. This is a new concept for me so I look forward to trusting the MFP calculator and see if I am finally able to find the balance I have been wanting my whole life. Whatever imput anyone can give about this Id love to hear from you.

Thanks, Lacy

116098.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Been here a year. Have lost a ton of weight (more than my ticker says). A calorie is a calorie. You burn more than you consume (considering your body is not in starvation mode from consuming too few) and you will lose weight. Doesn't matter wher it comes from.

Diet and exercise...who would have thunk it?:laugh:
  • dietracker
    Based on your experience with the site and your success, do you think it is very important to eat all the calories they reccomend. Like today I had 500 calories remaining and I didnt use them. How do I know if I am putting my body into starvation mode?
  • SoupNazi
    Based on your experience with the site and your success, do you think it is very important to eat all the calories they reccomend. Like today I had 500 calories remaining and I didnt use them. How do I know if I am putting my body into starvation mode?

PLEASE read these posts on this thread. These were posted by some VERY knowledgeable MFP'ers and friends, who can teach you so much.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

If you have any more questions, we veterans are always here.:flowerforyou:
  • dietracker
    Thank you, I will.:happy:
  • SoupNazi
    Thank you, I will.:happy:

Awesome.:happy:

Your welcome.:flowerforyou: