Ladies?! What do you use on ur face to prevent breakouts fro

Options
2»

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    try baby shampoo. I know it sounds insane, but it is ph balanced and it is gentle

Baby soaps and shampoos are only pH balanced to be the same as our tears. Not stinging our eyes doesn't mean it's right for our skin. And it certainly isn't good for hair, it's incredibly drying.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I use a generic apricot scrub. it can be a little harsh if your skin is delicate, but It works to get my oily and cow-dung-and-god-knows-what-else-crusted face clean. I just love it =)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    noxzema original deep cleansing cream
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I also use the tea scrub, and I love it. As for a toner to help get EVERYTHING out I use the non alcohol neutrogena toner.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, I have found my skin breakouts to be food-related rather than sweat-related.

Dairy and dairy-derivatives cause acne for me, and recently (sadly) I discovered that too much peanut butter also caused me acne.

Since you happen to be logging food anyway, you might want to keep notes on when you break out and then check back a few days to see if there is a pattern each time. It is tricky to find out bc you don't break out instantly after consuming an offending food--it takes a day or two.

Tea tree oil is very helpful for so many things, including acne. Desert Sun makes a blemish stick (little glass bottle with roller ball at the tip), that contains tea tree oil and other ingredients--I find it is fantastic in healing the pimples. Whole Foods and similar stores carry it. I think Burt's Bees makes a similar product, although I haven't tried it.

good luck.
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love witch hazel.. cheap and does the job for me. I just put a little on a few cotton balls and clean my face after working out.
    Then if you have any problem areas, re-apply on the spot 2-3 times a day.

I noticed I break out more now that I'm eating healthy/exercising.. I recently bought BHA liquid that I hear works wonders for pores, but I haven't received it yet. We shall see! Good luck :)

Whoa, that brings back memories! I remember my mom using that years ago; They still sell that?
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I cannot say enough good things about Philosophy skin care products. I use a daily cleanser, a light exfoliating scrub 2-3 times a week, and an oil-free moisturizer.
  • popupvideo
    popupvideo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love witch hazel.. cheap and does the job for me. I just put a little on a few cotton balls and clean my face after working out.
    Then if you have any problem areas, re-apply on the spot 2-3 times a day.

I noticed I break out more now that I'm eating healthy/exercising.. I recently bought BHA liquid that I hear works wonders for pores, but I haven't received it yet. We shall see! Good luck :)

Whoa, that brings back memories! I remember my mom using that years ago; They still sell that?

Haha yeah! I get mine from the dollar store for $1.25, and it's a huge bottle!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Even if you have naturally oily skin, the best cleansers to use are gentle ones. Not too much scrubbing, and don't rub too hard. I currently use Philosophy somethingorother because it's gentle and smells nice.
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Clinique 3 step. Hands down. They have an acne solutions line too which worked wonders for me. I use ONLY clinique products on my face, and ONLY Vanicream products on my body. I wash my hair first in the shower then put it up with a clip so it doesnt touch my body or face (with Vanicream shampoo & conditioner) then I wash my face, then my body. I haven't had acne problems since. :) But if you are going to try new products remember to stick with it for 2-3 months before you decide if you like something or not.... changing it up all the time will reek havoc on your skin!!!