Getting Asked Out

Options
2»

Replies

• Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Getting asked out was pretty common when I was younger. But not so much anymore.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I so much prefer being the one asked! I'm usually too shy to do the asking. But if I'm interested, I do a lot of flirting, make eye contact, try to show that I won't say no if the guy asks, so hopefully, he doesn't feel intimidated.

Well, that's what I did when I was single, anyway. lol I don't do it now that I live with someone.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I have asked a few guys if I liked them enough and they just didn't get it. My husband was one of them. But I'm guessing it's because he thought I was dating the dude I was with when I met him.

Will never forget that.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I never ask a guy out. Ever. But I'm 46 and asking a guy out just wasn't done, back in the day. I'm just one of those women that would rather have the whole traditional pursuit thing going on. It appeals to my sense of romance. :heart:

I love the fact that women today feel empowered to do it if they want to, though. I can see how guys would love it!
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    Pft! If I want something....I go for it! Traditional or not, I would rather know if someone was interested by asking them than sit there and wonder if the feelings were returned. If they are not interested I can move on. (I pursued my husband, he told me outright that he would never of asked me out because he thought I was out of his league!! If I didn't have the bottle then we wouldn't be together - I must add I was 7stone 7lb when we got together!!lol)
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Most women who are interested drop enough hints through either flirting or hinting about hanging out (offering their number) that asking them out is an inevitable next step. I enjoy getting asked out when it happens but the norm for me has been that a girl will take my phone and put her number in it rather than ask me out directly.

I prefer asking the girl out.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I don't mind getting asked. But I'm probably gonna say no since I'm married.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Id prefer to be asked out. But no problem asking for a second date, etc....
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Well I don't ask guys out anymore seeing as I'm married but I will say that before DH, I asked out guys just as often as they asked out me. Never once did I get a strange look or anything. In fact, I was told that it showed a high level of confidence and the guy liked it. I don't really have a preference either way, but I do enjoy being asked out as well :)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Now that I think about it, I've been asked out by dudes on the train and a bookstore. At first, I was unnerved, but then I realized that it meant that MFP is working. My wife laughed. And I said no.