New to mfp and gluten free

jessgator
jessgator Posts: 3 Member
After many years of health issues, I recently transitioned to a gluten free diet and figured, what better time to get in shape too? Down 8 lbs this month so far and have 25 to go! How do you working moms find time to exercise? If I could only work that in, I would feel even better!

Replies

• JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Hey! I'm not a working mom but I used to find it really hard to work out when I was working so I started doing exercise the same way I would do my chores. During commercials! While watching a tv show during the first commerical break I would pick an exercise (squats for example) and try to do as many as I could in that break. Second commecial I'd do maybe bicep curls. Also a friend of mine is a mother who works part time and she will work while her son naps or after he's gone to bed at night. Hope that helps! Way to go on the weight loss and best of luck on the rest of the weight.
  • Welcome! I just went gluten free too and it has been both challenging and so, so, so rewarding. Who knew that I could have a normal GI tract? I don't know about working moms--I'm just a working puppy owner--but I put in long days. I've just decided to commit to getting up 1/2 hour earlier in the morning to workout. Maybe it will add a pep to my step at work. :smile:
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Hi! I'm GF too. :)

I'm a SAHM, but I work out in the morning before my kids get up for the day. My only other options are during nap time, or after they go to bed, and first thing in the morning is a lot easier for me!
This discussion has been closed.