Completed my FIRST 5K!

Options
2»

Replies

• CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    When I did my first 5K I think I had about the same time as you! Great job!
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i'll be posting my first 5k time on sept. 17th....wish me luck & congrats to you!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You did MUCH better than I did on mine this last spring.

I did one with no training and ended up with 48:15. I still ranked 40th out of 82 participants, but I still was displeased that my mile was a 16 minute one.

I'm now training for a 5K this fall and hope my time improves to the low 40s at LEAST.

Shannon
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was two weeks ago. I finished in 37:56. Plan to do two in October and one in November with obvious hopes of improving time.
    Congrats and good luck.
    Angela
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    great job on the 5k! and great time for your first one! Be very proud!!!! Way to go!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! my first 5k was 35:09 and now I am training for a 1/2 marathon!
  • megan_mp
    Options
    My first running 5k was in the middle of August this year. I actually ran the whole thing and ended with a time of 37:42 I think. I know it was 37:something.

Just recently, I ran 5.1 miles (twice in one week!) and kind of amazed myself since I swore I would NEVER run anywhere unless there was a serial killer after me.

I have a 10k coming up on September 18th and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll run the whole thing!

Congratulations to you!
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My first time was 34:30 (about a year ago). Last night I finished 5k in just under 26:00. I'm signed up for a 10k September 17th. Keep up the great work!
  • niallse
    Options
    Well done on completing your first 5k! Good time too. I ran my first 5k ( about 6 months ago) after completing C25K in 32mins. I now run the local PARKRUN 5k most Saturday mornings when I'm not running other events http://www.parkrun.org.uk/bushy/home.

My PB is now 22.31. I'm hoping to get under 22mins before the end of the year, but need to lose a little more weight first!!

Best of luck on getting your time down. I'm sure you will soon see it tumble, but for the moment, enjoy the great progress you are making :-)

Mick.
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Did another 5k yesterday with my 9 year old son (his first race) we finished in 33:22/33:23. I had to make sure he beat his Mom! I'm contemplating a 15k in November...
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Your time is great!
  • jlpdelorme
    Options
    This makes me excited. I just finished week one of C25K and hope to run a 5k in November. Hope I do as well as you!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you feel comfortable upping the ante, go for a 15K.... I'm hoping to move up from a 5K to a 10K after my race on October 8th. I like having a goal to train for!:-)

Shannon
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Good job :smile: And as others have said, no matter what your time is, every time you go out just aim for a PB !

I ran my first 5K race in July in 28:46 and ran my third one last Weds in 26:54. The next one is 12 October and I'll be happy to get anywhere around the same time - lower would be great but even if I knock 10 seconds off I'll be happy. Might help if I don't get stitch in the last half km!!!

I have also signed up for a 10k at the beginning of November...

This running malarkey is definitely addictive!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!