Paleo Vegitable Ideas

Options
I'm new to Paleo and I love eating veggies and fruits, so I'm getting plenty. i snack on carrots and red peppers and whatever veggie is left over from last night, but now I'm looking for some other ideas of veggies.

What do you eat for veggies on Paleo?

Or should I say, what do you do to keep your veggie count up all day. I eat all veggies and know lots of them, but as for siting in the office and needed a veggie snack, what do you do?

Replies

• labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What is Paleo
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of them!

But seriously, I have been eating a lot of broccoli (always a favorite), kale, spinach, arugula, cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage and onions. I've always been a big fan of vegetables, though, so I wouldn't say this is "paleo" specific or anything -- at least not for me.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    In short, Paleo is eating only the foods that were available to our ancestors before cultivation. This includes lean meats, veggies, fruits, nuts, and some eggs. You carbs come from veggies and fruit and your protein from meat that is lean and unprocessed - so bacon and sausage are out until the scientists discover the sausage cut on the pig. I'm personally waiting for a chicken sausage to fall out of a breast at El Pollo Loco one night.

Dairy, beans, wheat, corn, and all other cultivated grains are out. There are a million threads you can read for hours on it. And there are like 7 books you can buy.
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about the diet but I googled it and found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/189375-vegetables-for-a-paleo-diet/

Hope it helps. Best of luck!!! =)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Aren't all veggies paleo friendly?