Can't stay under my carbs - help please!

Options
I haven't been able to stay under my carbs since I started logging my food and while I'm not on a "low carb" diet by any means, I'm not eating what I consider to be a lot of carbs. Take today for example. I am currently 264 calories under my allotment (includes the 129 I got for exercise), but I'm over on my carbs by 12 and to me the only "carbs" I feel like I've eaten are 1/3 C granola and a burrito for lunch (most of the rest come from fruits/veggies). Here is the breakdown of my day - maybe someone can offer some help:

Food, Carbs
Mixed Berries (1 C), 16
Granola (1/3 C), 23
Yogurt (4 oz), 19
Carrots (1 C), 7
Low Fat Burrito, 48 (I know, I know but its yummy!)
Salsa, 2
Mixed Veggies (1 C), 8
Clementine, 9
Ocean Spray Craisins, 25 (this was my mid-day treat)
Veggie Patty, 10 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN
BBQ Sauce (1 tbsp), 9 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN
Calcium, 8 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN
Vitamins, 4 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN
Hershey's Nugget (1 pc), 6 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN (a treat since I'm under calories)

I get 182 carbs/day and I'm at 194 with the above. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't want to feel like I can never have another piece of bread again!

Replies

• IUChelle423
    Options
    I haven't been able to stay under my carbs since I started logging my food and while I'm not on a "low carb" diet by any means, I'm not eating what I consider to be a lot of carbs. Take today for example. I am currently 264 calories under my allotment (includes the 129 I got for exercise), but I'm over on my carbs by 12 and to me the only "carbs" I feel like I've eaten are 1/3 C granola and a burrito for lunch (most of the rest come from fruits/veggies). Here is the breakdown of my day - maybe someone can offer some help:

Food, Carbs
    Mixed Berries (1 C), 16
    Granola (1/3 C), 23
    Yogurt (4 oz), 19
    Carrots (1 C), 7
    Low Fat Burrito, 48 (I know, I know but its yummy!)
    Salsa, 2
    Mixed Veggies (1 C), 8
    Clementine, 9
    Ocean Spray Craisins, 25 (this was my mid-day treat)
    Veggie Patty, 10 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN
    BBQ Sauce (1 tbsp), 9 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN
    Calcium, 8 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN
    Vitamins, 4 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN
    Hershey's Nugget (1 pc), 6 - PLANNED BUT HAVEN'T EATEN (a treat since I'm under calories)

I get 182 carbs/day and I'm at 194 with the above. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't want to feel like I can never have another piece of bread again!
  • d0900
    d0900 Posts: 30
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables are considered carbs although they are not simple carbs and are very good for you!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Actually, I have never paid much attention to that and have still lost weight successfully. You can even customize your intakes if you feel you need to change things.

They are set up as a general rule and do not need to be adhered to that striclty unless, say, you are diabetic and needed to watch certain things.

The calories are all that matters if you are looking strictly for weightloss. Hope that helps.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I can't stay low on my carbs either!:grumble: :grumble:
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    Thanks guys - glad I'm not the only one!

And I've just been informed by my DH that the planned chocolate is no longer an option as there is none left - lol! Guess I don't need to worry about those carbs!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I still try, cause I know they are my enemy for wt. gain. :ohwell: I just LOVE fruit though.