Kinect Dance Central players?

Options
Hey everyone!

I saw a few posts about challenges of playing Just Dance on the wii. Unfortunately, I don't have a wii, I only have the Kinect. just wondering if there are any people out there who play dance central or might wanna start up a little challenge on that? Usually it looks like people post their high scores for 3 or so dances a week and whoever has the highest combined wins? I know dance central does calorie counting too so we could even include that as well!

Post back if interested :)

Replies

• christinakaye76
    Options
    interested ,, I also only have a kinect =)
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    awesome :) hoping we could get a few more?? no kinect owners out there? ;)
  • christinakaye76
    Options
    I am kinda surprised myself. it is so much better than the Wii,,,, I used to have it =) i like not having to hold a remote.( or worry about throwing it )
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    ohh man i know right? i was always so worried the wristband would snap or fly off into the tv. i absolutely lovee the kinect.
  • Kelly_2013
    Kelly_2013 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That sounds like fun! I absolutley love my kinect. Even though I'm having issues with it connecting to the internet with my hd
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have Dance Central for the Kinect, however, I've only played it once! I think it's connected to the internet, but I don't have my own log in...
  • christinakaye76
    Options
    I am not able to connect mine to the internet ,, I think we should just keep track of score and cal burned and post it here . =) plus it gives us an excuse to log our stuff ..
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    Heyy all!
    No need to be connected to the internet. We don't have to do it thru xbox live, we can just post the scores here. We could pick 3 songs or 1 song or whatever to do each week and whoever posts up the best score wins, but also the workout mode in the game will keep track of minutes played and calories burned :)
  • christinakaye76
    Options
    lets do 3 .. make me move =)
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Can men join? :) I have a Kinect, just started up playing Dance Central, it's awesome. Once I figured out that it has a calorie burn tracker, I was 10x more into it, lol.

My XBL name is Krakn3dfx is anyone wants to add me as a friend, but I'll post them here as well. I haven't unlocked any songs yet, so I think I have Poker Face and 3 others I've never heard of, I'll work on getting more unlocked over the next week.
  • brookefi
    Options
    I have a Kinect, just started up playing Dance Central. I'm not very good yet.
  • christinakaye76
    Options
    The more the merrier as far as I am concerned=)
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    I agree - Everyone is welcome!! :)

I figure we could even work our way down the song list or we can randomly pick three, whichever works better for everyone.
  • Chill_10
    Chill_10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my fiance (see above) is making me play this too. lol.. So i'll get in on this fun too.
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    So here's the plan everyone..

I figure we give everyone monday-saturday to complete the first three dances in the game (Poker Face, Hey Mami and Calle Ocho) on whatever difficulty you would like or can do and post your scores here in this thread. Also you can post the calories burned doing so. You can play them however many times you want to get the best score you can, and once you post your score that's what we'll use for the tally. On Sunday, I'll add up the scores from each poster and whoever wins I'll make you a little banner in photoshop featuring you as the kinect wk 1 winner :) Then we start over and the week after we can do the 4th song and the challenge!! :)

feel free to add suggestions/opinions, etc on if this sounds good or what we can add!
  • christinakaye76
    Options
    yea!!!!!
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I managed to get 5 stars on Easy and 4 on Medium/Normal on Poker Face earlier. Was going to hop on to practice more tonight, but then I spent almost 2 hours cleaning, so I'm worn out for today, lol.
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    Aww well 5 stars on easy is excellent and if you already got 4 stars on medium that great too!!!

** reminder, anyone who is playing, we start tomorrow!!! please complete Poker Face, Hey Mami and Calle Ocho sometime between monday and saturday and post your highest score you achieved and the calories you burned doing it. The person with the highest total score from all dances will win!! **
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    bumpp.. halfway through the week.. make sure you get your scores in :)
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    Just posting mine now -

poker face - 859,154 (h)
    hey mami - 723,406 (h)
    calle ocho - 829,008 (h)

total: 2,411,568
    total cals burned - 63.