Dorm Friendly Work-outs

Options
So, I'm a college student and I've been looking around for some dorm friendly workouts. I have a concrete floor with very little carpet on it.

Mainly, on the days where I don't feel like heading to the gym, I want to be able to still work out. I don't have the money to buy stuff (starving college student xD) so please give me stuff I could already use. Any idea is good.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Burpees!
  • cameralinds
    Options
    You have a gym membership, right? How far is your gym from your dorm?

I know when I go to the gym, I see girls doing squats, lunges, jumping jacks, etc. I don't see the point in that because I feel like THAT can be done in the room.... maybe things like that? Wall push ups, jump rope, hula hooping - given, you actually don't need this equipment to do those things.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Do you have a dvd player? Jillian Michaels 30 day shred or ripped in 30 or 6 week 6 pack require very little space and you only need a mat and some hand weights.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    concrete floors with runners allows you to do any workout dvd. buy a few and mix them up.
  • MyouTakara
    Options
    Got a friend with DDR? That game is a great work-out! Otherwise, try Youtube. They have some interesting work-outs (I have the dorm issue too, but I own a Wii and a couple exercise games).
  • orhstay87
    Options
    I used to do desk pushups and crunches in bed (makes them harder!!!). You can also do dips on your chair, if you have a sturdy one and lunges down the hallway.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do wall sits, jumping jacking, crunches, lunges, planks, and squats in my room. I'm not so sure if I should keep doing the jumping jacks because I'm afraid the people under me could hear me and get annoyed, but all of the other stuff is relatively quiet and a pretty good workout. Use textbooks or other heavy and equally pointless college stuff as weights. Or you could run the stairs in your dorm.
  • darsh11
    Options
    Does your dorm have stairs? If they do doing a stair workout can be a great alternative to going to the gym.
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i used to love running the outer stairs on my building, 5 flights of stairs noone used because they took the elevator. go one youtube and look up some workouts, i've found good abs stuff, you could do jumping jacks, push ups, lunges, squats, stuff people have said.
    but looking for workouts on the computer you can find some trainers mixing it up. or some decent yoga videos if you're into that.

since your floor is concrete i would personally buy a yoga mat for $10, but if you can's splurge on that just lay down a town for some cushion.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    when i lived in a dorm all i had was hand weights and did exercises from youtube. i did wall push ups too because i was weak back then. hmmm there is also squats, lunges, abs, and planks you can do.
    also walk around the campus and explore. :) if there is a coffee shop near your campus then you can just walk there and study and walk back like an hour later. with books and laptop on your back you can really get a great walk. hope this helps!