I bought a food scale and realized...

that I was eating bigger portions than I thought. Who knew what a tiny portion 100 gms is?

Replies

• tofraljos
    tofraljos Posts: 3 Member
    yep I know.. been there done that :))))
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Yep it can be eye opening!

I also buy little 1/2 cup and 1 cup containers (like tupperware) so I know exactly how much food I fill them with. I'm lazy :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    depends on what you are weighing. 100 g of cheese = small block. 100g of spinach? OOHH man I cannot eat that much spinach.
  • Yep it can be eye opening!

I also buy little 1/2 cup and 1 cup containers (like tupperware) so I know exactly how much food I fill them with. I'm lazy :)

Lazy? I call that smart!
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Not lazy, smart. I use gerber bowls for the same reason.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    yeap! i decided to weight out my bacon and found out 3 slices weighed way more then they claimed!

With some foods I have found them to weight less then what the packages says so that is always nice.
  • Yep it can be eye opening!

ohhhh what a good idea!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Yep it can be eye opening!

I do this as well!
    edited to add: they are great for leftovers for lunch at work!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I found the opposite to be the case! I thought I was measuring out a "cup" of lettuce, it was only 10g! Much different nutrient levels there.
  • Been there, done that. My biggest suprise was figuring out that I'd been adding about 450 calories worth of peanut butter to my oatmeal :( . I don't weigh every bite I eat, but anything that is calorie-dense (like nuts) or tempting (like nuts, lol) hits the scale!
  • I really need to get one but I bet they are expensive.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    I really need to get one but I bet they are expensive.

not at all. you can get one for 20 - 30 dollars. i got mine for about 25

I got one for $12.99 at Winners. That would be like a TJ Max or a Marshalls for you Americans :)
    And, it's digital.
  • danimoon67
    danimoon67 Posts: 38 Member

I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond, it's a Biggest Loser scale, with my 20 percent off coupon, I think it was around $16.
  • theyre a godsend! I have a weight watchers one u can zero after u put plates/bowls etc so it only weighs the food, so handy for measuring out portions and keeping track of cals!

it's a Biggest Loser scale,

This is what I got.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member

not at all. you can get one for 20 - 30 dollars. i got mine for about 25

Shoot! I got mine somewhere in between $10-12 lol.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    I know... I love my food scale!