Scale

Options
Sooo..how often do you change the batteries in your scale??? Mine has been fine, and last night for giggles I decided to step on (mostly because I had eaten a good amount of food/sodium last night) and it said I had gained almost 9 lbs. Seriously?! That is not right and I'm aware of that haha. My dr's office matched my scale the other day so I know it was right the other day....

Replies

• bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just learned the digital ones have to be calibrated. So I changed my batteries and moved it, calibrated it and it has behaved ever since :) It's in a place now that I never have to move it.

Mine was 8 pounds off last week. :cry:

xoxo
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    9 lbs is a lot but it could be right just weigh again in a day or so.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Gained 9lbs since when? My weight can fluctuate by 4-5lbs daily, based on time of day, diet/exercise that day, etc.

I have found electronic ones to be notoriously unreliable.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Gained 9lbs since when? My weight can fluctuate by 4-5lbs daily, based on time of day, diet/exercise that day, etc.
    I have found electronic ones to be notoriously unreliable.

^5. Same here.
  • superstah00
    superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale. It was a 9 lb gain since that morning haha. What scale does everyone use that is more reliable?
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Great question, was wondering that very same thing. Went out and bought new batteries as this scale hasn't had new ones since I bought it in 2003!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have a digital and I think it had the same batteries for like 5yrs. I wish mine was off but it always matches the doctor's scales...damnit lol

HOWEVER...I weighed myself this morning and then put the scales in the garage. Might check in 2wks but we'll see. Focusing more on measurments & how my clothes are fitting
  • ajulz1
    Options
    Hey there Megan! I had been having the same issues with my OLD digital scale & was getting beyond irritated. So I researched some on-line & bought a Tanita BC533 Glass Innerscan Body Composition Monitor (scale). It has been awesome! I for once in my life don't have to move it a million places to see what weight I get the most & go with that. lol. I get the same weight every time, no matter where it is. They are a little pricey. But i figured all the years I dealt with that P.O.S. one, i deserved it. Good luck! :0)
  • nessajk
    Options
    My digital scale needs to be recalibrated every time I move it, which is every time I use it since I store it someplace. It usually makes a 3 lb difference or so.