Estimating calories for homemade dish

Options
I made healthy spaghetti casserole last night with the following:
1/2 box whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
1/2 of my recipe for homemade sauce where I use 1 splenda packet instead of sugar, fresh tomatoes and a bag of frozen pepper strips cooked for 6 hours with spices and blended with immersion blender
1 lb. of 93/7 ground beef, drained and rinsed
1/2 container of 1% cottage cheese
1/2 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
couple good shakes of parm cheese

I ate a serving of this for lunch today but not sure how to estimate portions or calories or nutrition. I put all of the ingredients layered into a 8X8 pan and cut it into 12 slices.

How do you do this when you home cook something like a casserole?

Replies

• amyschaefer
    Options
    If you go to the food tab and then recipes, you can enter your own recipes and it calculates it all for you! It is then always there for when you make it again. :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    If you go to the food tab and then recipes, you can enter your own recipes and it calculates it all for you! It is then always there for when you make it again. :)

Yup! Love the recipes tab!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    What the above posters said. Also, I HIGHLY recommend a food scale if you don't have one. You can then get the EXACT calories for everything by weighing what you make.
  • danimoon67
    danimoon67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, the recipe builder is an awesome tool. You can save the recipes you make often.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I love the recipe builder! I even put cocktails in there...it can be eye opening how your ingredients add up!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Whoa! That's super cool, thanks for sharing that! I'll be using that tab from now on.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yep, my recipe builder is stacking up like crazy!