Birth Control = One Onrey Girl

Options
FireMama_24
FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
So I switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclen in June and have noticed a major mood change. I am more irritable, not my same happy self and my boyfriend has even noticed. I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problems?

Replies

• ginny1214
    Options
    I'm so not a fan of any ortho products!! Major moods and weight gain. My favorite actual pill was ovcon-35 I'm on implanon now and will never return to the dark side of pills lol
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    you should switch if that's how it makes you, it just gets worse on out if you don't!!!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    OMG! That was the EVIL one!!!! Gained 40 [ounds on that pill and was a total B! ALL the time......

I'm on Enpresse (generic of Trivora) now and it is pretty good, but my favorite was Loestrin 24FE... No generic for it though and couldn't afford it any more.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    So I switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclen in June and have noticed a major mood change. I am more irritable, not my same happy self and my boyfriend has even noticed. I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problems?

i havent been on that pill but i had to change my pill a few time as i was exactly the same as what you said, the doctor said there was too much eustrogen (female hormone) in the pill for my body to like which made me that way, go talk to your doctor or nurse about trying a new pill :) xxx
  • hefinator
    Options
    Ortho is not my friend!! Made me gain tons of weight and i was always moody! I'm on Lutera now, and its great! no major mood swings, not weight gain, its lovely!
  • muhannah
    Options
    I began Ortho-Tricyclen when I was 14, and it was terrible. I was depressed and gained a significant amount of weight. I'm nearly 20 now and have been taken Microgestin for about two years. Much, much better. I'd switch as soon as possible - different pills definitely have different effects! It's all about finding the right hormone levels for you.
  • muhannah
    Options
    accidental double post.
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    I used to take Ovcon-35 also but due to high blood pressure I know get the shot in my butt. I don't have mood swings but I have gained weight.......or maybe I'm just eating too much!! With the shot it's only once every 3 months and not something you have to remember to take every day. It's kind of nice.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I've never been on ortho buy my friend was and she had the same problems! I take cyclessa *spelling?* and have been since I was 17 and have never had any issues
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I went from BC pills to the Mirena. I noticed mood swings, some new facial hair, etc. The mood swings leveled off after a few months but there was definitely sometime for my body to adjust to the different levels of hormones - unfortunately the facial hair is still there - cue the tweezers and waxing appointments:grumble:. You may want to call your doctor and see if the mood swing is normal and how long it usually lasts for - then you can decide to stick with it or change to a different form of BC. Good luck!
  • aclark78
    aclark78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same results here also, Very moody and depressed. It was horrible.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options

i havent been on that pill but i had to change my pill a few time as i was exactly the same as what you said, the doctor said there was too much eustrogen (female hormone) in the pill for my body to like which made me that way, go talk to your doctor or nurse about trying a new pill :) xxx

I'm on the Ortho Tri-Cyclen Low for that reason. Haven't had any issues in 4 years. :)
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I got off of ortho tri-cyclen because of the horrible, evil person it made me. I didn't even realize the extent of it until I was off of it and it was out of my system completely. I'm no one's version of a cheerleader on my best day anyway and that stuff made me have some serious anger issues. Even worse was the nuvaring my doctor insisted I try. The only thing that hasn't been horrible for me is loestrin fe, but as previously mentioned it is expensive ($40/mo with my insurance). I personally want to be off of all hormones because I don't like messing with my body's natural state, but of course I don't want to get pregnant, so as soon as I have a spare $1000 I will be getting a copper IUD (paragard). Paragard does offer a payment plan, which is helpful, but I would prefer to just pay for it up front.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    hmm, i see nothing but negative things. ive been taking Ortho Cyclen for all of this year and havent had any issues. i was on Loestrin 24 last year and liked it...much shorter periods but my insurance no longer covers it so i switched to Ortho Cyclen. I've gained no weight (ive actually lost 10 pounds since ive been on it), and no more moodiness than normal..
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I went through several different pills that made me a PSYCHO. Loestrin 24 is the only one that hasn't caused me to yell obscenities out of my car window and cry by myself in a closet.
  • Pancake86
    Options
    I do had trouble with this pill, my whole mood was messed up was much more down then usual. Best to try another, i think i tried about 4 before i just gave up lol
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hormone birth control pills are the work of the devil!! Seriously! I've tried everything! The nuvaring, depo, at least 10 different kinds of pills and the patch. It was always something. Mood swings, weight gain, bad skin, sore breasts. You name it.

I finally gave up and got a copper IUD (no hormones!!). I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I would recommend it to any woman! There are 0 side effects (for me at least). Except the first 3 cycles can be quite painful after insertion.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Just do some jumping jacks after the naughty dance and you wont need bc.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Just do some jumping jacks after the naughty dance and you wont need bc.

yea and there's always this option ^
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I was on Ortho Tricyclen throughout my teens, and now I wonder if that was another reason that I was always moody and depressed and had problems with my weight! I never even thought about that.... oh, well!

I've been on NuvaRing for years now and have zero side effects. LOVE IT.