EATING WHILE POSTING

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I am the same way when trying to read even a fraction of the new posts. I had been doing the whole unhealthy snacking thing the past few nights, but tonight I actually got out my baby carrots and a spinach dip from the Biggest Loser cookbook. It is actually pretty decent and I only added about 70 calories. Considering I tend to just like to munch, I thought this was a decent alternative.
    Good for you!!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kmdougherty
    Options
    I hesitate drinking water b.c if i drink too much i feel naseous and I have to pee every 2 seconds! Does it get better/easier?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I hesitate drinking water b.c if i drink too much i feel naseous and I have to pee every 2 seconds! Does it get better/easier?
    Absolutely gets better!!! I know exactly what you mean, it's like you drink and pee, drink and pee...now I just drink....then later I pee...drink lots more through out the day and pee sometime later...
    :laugh: Well you get the general idea... I think if you try and push to much water on yourself at once it can make ya feel yucky if you're not used to it. But your body adjusts cause it craves, needs and LOVES water!!:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:

mmm num num...just had another bottle!! :laugh: A new addiction? nah...not an addiction but something healthy and something our body is mostly made up of.:drinker:
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The spinach dip is from the first book, but I do have both if you have any questions.

Spinach Skinny-Dip (Biggest Loser)

1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach thawed
    2/3 cup drained sliced water chestnuts
    3 whole green onions
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
    1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
    1/2 teaspoon prepared hot mustard
    salt to taste
    ground black pepper to taste

Squeeze all water out of spinach with papertowels to avoid runny dip. Use food processor add water chestnuts, green onions, and garlic. After finely chopped, add spinach. Process until combined. Then add sour cream, yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper. Make sure it is smooth. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

Serving = 2 tbls
    21 calories, 1g protein, 4g carbohydrates, less than 1mg cholesterol, less than 1g figer, 33mg sodium

I went extra on the garlic, mustard and salt. It needed more of a kick to it in my opinion. I have already entered this into the database, so you should find it there.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    The spinach dip is from the first book, but I do have both if you have any questions.

Spinach Skinny-Dip (Biggest Loser)

1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach thawed
    2/3 cup drained sliced water chestnuts
    3 whole green onions
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
    1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
    1/2 teaspoon prepared hot mustard
    salt to taste
    ground black pepper to taste

Squeeze all water out of spinach with papertowels to avoid runny dip. Use food processor add water chestnuts, green onions, and garlic. After finely chopped, add spinach. Process until combined. Then add sour cream, yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper. Make sure it is smooth. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

Serving = 2 tbls
    21 calories, 1g protein, 4g carbohydrates, less than 1mg cholesterol, less than 1g figer, 33mg sodium

I went extra on the garlic, mustard and salt. It needed more of a kick to it in my opinion. I have already entered this into the database, so you should find it there.

Thanks Rachel:flowerforyou: Be ok if I put it in the recipe section as well? I'm sure others would love to try it out especially with the BLoser Challenge ongoing they'll likely jump at anything BL-ish:wink::laugh:

Oh yea regarding the cookbooks...you like them both? I got the 1st one out of the library just to check it out and see what I thought....things look for the most part pretty normal/easy to make..everyday sort of things. So would you recommend them? One over the other or both are ones you like?:drinker: Thanks for the input:bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm always sitting here while I eat my meals, logging what I'm eating, and posting to the forums. And I'm late to a lot of things on a regular basis. Just missed a workout :bigsmile: (due to computer in general, not just MFP -- World of Warcraft :devil: LOL) but I can do something later today.
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Definitely add it to the recipe section. I would share any of the recipes I have tried so far. I would recommend both of the cook books actually. I have made more from the first book, but the second book has different recipes and they are not just single serving. The items I have made from the first book I usually make more like a family size and have to calculate the ingredients, not a big deal though. The 2nd book is a Family book and tend to be for 4 servings or more. I have only worked out of the first book because I happened to look at it first and am trying some out of there this week. Next week's meal plan will come out of the family book. Definitely a great Christmas gift from my husband!