Alcohol-free and caffeine-free drinks...

Hi All,

I gave up alcohol a few years ago for personal reasons, and now my doctor has suggested I give up caffeine because of a side-effect it is causing me. Even though i don't drink, I still go out to the bars with my boyfriend and need a drink I can sip on so i don't feel out of place- but i need it to be low calorie. I thought about cranberry juice and tonic, or pineapple juice with ginger ale, but i know juices aren't light on the calories. Any ideas?

Replies

• As long as you're not going out all the time, there's nothing wrong with taking in some extra calories. That's usually the point of going out is to indulge a little bit.

Shirley Temples, bring crystal light - they have ~mocktail flavors now like mojito.

Most bars or restaurants have very limited selections for diet pop as it is - usually only diet coke, which has caffeine.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Personally I don't drink soda, diet or regular, but what about diet sprite? It's caffeine free.
  • Soda water has no calories and if you don't care for the taste try putting a lime in it.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    I rarely drink alcohol and I don't drink either diet or regular soda, so when I go to bars with friends I usually get water/soda water with lemon or lime, or I get a coffee.