Kale Chips

Options
Just made my first batch of Kale chips. Was a little worried if they would taste good. BUT THE DID!

You set the oven to 350.
Cut the hard veins out of the kale and cut into bite size pieces.
Spray cookie sheet with oil and put kale leaves on the pan. Spray tops with oil.
Sprinkle salt and seasonings. Bake for 10-15 min.
But be careful, there is a fine line between crispy and burnt tasting.
So watch them carefully.

:)

Replies

• susioryan
    Options
    Love, love, love Kale Chips.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try these...thanks for sharing!
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    I also love Kale!!!! I had these chips over the weekend!! Yummy
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have had some really good ones that someone else made, but when I tried it they were not as good. Maybe I should try again! BUMP!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    What do they taste like? I've never had kale because I heard it's bitter.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I have tried to make these twice. They always tast icky..Yes, I find them very bitter. They also didnt hold their crispiness. What am I doing wrong??? I make my own backed tortilla chips they always come out great. Hmmmmmm
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    I have tried to make these twice. They always tast icky..Yes, I find them very bitter. They also didnt hold their crispiness. What am I doing wrong??? I make my own backed tortilla chips they always come out great. Hmmmmmm

I tried making the kale chips and they didn't taste good at all. Guess it's all in what you like.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I was looking for the recipe, came across yours and tried them. They were delish!
  • sallykath60
    Options
    oh thanks, i could not remember.:happy:
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kale Chips! I do tend to burn them, though, so I'm going to experiment with making them in my new dehydrator. :)
    Kale chips are a little bitter, but I think it's a pleasant bitter, like coffee. I usually just have them with salt, but I'm trying to experiment with other flavors.
    A quick tip: it's best to use the curly leaf, green kale. I've tried purple kale and flat leaf kale, and both were waaaaay to bitter. If that's what you've tried in the past, you may want to try again. Curly leaf green kale has a much milder bitterness (based on my experience).