Water Question

Options
I am having a really hard time with the water thing. It isn't because I don't like water or anything, I just can't drink if I'm not thirsty. It makes me feel kinda of sick when I'm forcing myself to drink water. Did anyone else have a similar problem? How do you suggest I ease my way into 64 oz of water a day?

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    Options
    I am having a really hard time with the water thing. It isn't because I don't like water or anything, I just can't drink if I'm not thirsty. It makes me feel kinda of sick when I'm forcing myself to drink water. Did anyone else have a similar problem? How do you suggest I ease my way into 64 oz of water a day?
  • maryeray
    Options
    Honestly I do not have an answer for that! Although I do know what that is like, I can not stand the taste of water. Everyone tells me that there is no taste with water but I just don't like it. I just found that drinking through a straw helps though and after a while I don't mind it so much. Good luck
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    My answer to you would be to add Lipton On The Go green teas to your water.....great flavors. I can't tolerate plain water either...never have. I, personally, shun anything made with aspertame like Crystal Light because it causes in me and so many, terrible migraines among other things. Green tea is also a great metabolism booster.

Keep a bottle around at all times and sip it throughout the day. You'll get your water in in no time.:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey F-78....your body adapts to more water as you drink more.....check in with NWCountryGal and she'll let you in on her water experience in the last month and some:drinker:

She went from not being able to drink much at all...maybe a cup or two a day I think to a really healthy amount now:drinker: .... just get yourself going on it slowly...just like any changes..baby steps and your body will adjust... :drinker:

Once you drink it regularly your body will want and expect it....:bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I find that squeezing fresh lemon juice into the water helps me drink it alot easier and always leaves me wanting more!

It is also a great thirst quencher, especially as I always used to rely on fizzy drinks.
  • Marz
    Marz Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm not a water girl either so I drink Crystal Light iced tea instead. I was told that was comparable, hope I wasn't told wrong.
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    The taste of water isn't my problem. I like water fine and if I'm thirsty then I drink it. The problem is forcing myself to drink 64 oz of water a day. If I'm not thirsty than I don't really like to drink ANYTHING. The problem isn't with water it's with the amount of water we're told to drink.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Once you start drinking the water, it becomes a habit...

Like right now I know that I need to drink more water today....my skin feels very dry.
    I was always told that once you are thirsty, then you are most likely already dehydrated....going to grab a bottle now.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Once you start drinking the water, it becomes a habit...

Like right now I know that I need to drink more water today....my skin feels very dry.
    I was always told that once you are thirsty, then you are most likely already dehydrated....going to grab a bottle now.

That is true.

Also, most hunger pangs are not hunger at all. but rather thirst. Your brain and body will adjust to make the connection.

Hang in there.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    The taste of water isn't my problem. I like water fine and if I'm thirsty then I drink it. The problem is forcing myself to drink 64 oz of water a day. If I'm not thirsty than I don't really like to drink ANYTHING. The problem isn't with water it's with the amount of water we're told to drink.

Hey F-78 Check out Denise's thread here ~~> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/33670-finally

She went from drinking barely any water at all to now being able to drink lots...she too had a hard time not so much with the taste but with it not being a habit and having a hard time wanting to drink it...

It's a change like everything else in regards to making healthier life choices...giving up junk food isn't easy, doing more excercise isn't easy...NONE of it is easy at first, but then it becomes a habit as we learn just how important it is for us:drinker: :bigsmile:

and truthfully?? It DOES become easier and actually becomes fun making all the changes and watching the weight drop off...it's then a journey we're on....for life rather than a 'diet' for a short time... habits we can keep with us:wink::flowerforyou:

FC:heart: