slim fast 3-2-1 plan

Options
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else is doing the slim fast 3-2-1 plan,I just started it today, so far so good!!!!!

Replies

• mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Am not doing it, but if it works for you then go for it...maybe later down the line you can move to introducing foods and calorie counting with MFP.

Maybe it will give you a good start with your weight loss...but remember slim fast plan can not continue forever.

Good luck hun x
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    it started me into the whole portion control thing, but once i started logging on mfp and seeing how much sugar those have, i let them go
  • reinach31
    Options
    I drink it as either in the morning for a snack or dinner(so I don't eat too much). I do eat regular meals!

Good luck
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 plan since the end of June, I drink a shake for breakfast and lunch, with small snacks in between. I've had a lot of success with it, it defiantly has given me results. With the plan I've also been working out, and I'm down 22 pounds.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    How many calories do the shakes have? Is this something you can transition in to regular diet and exercise in the future?
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How many calories do the shakes have? Is this something you can transition in to regular diet and exercise in the future?

The shake I drink (Creamy Milk Chocolate) has 190 calories, and is very filling to me. At some point I'm sure you can transistion over; maybe switching one shake for a small meal, and gradually switch the other meal to be off the shakes completely. Or until you're sick of the shakes :tongue:
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Well yeah, that's my concern here - you're restricting your calories with a shake (that apparently has a lot of sugar in it?)... at the point that you get sick of the shakes you're going to have to eat a regular meal, which will undoubtedly weigh in at more than 190 calories. It just seems like it's a lot of work for a little pay off, when in the end you're still going to have to learn to eat properly and be active.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I started out on those, but when I started MFP, I learned to enjoy the meals and it seems more logical to me. The shakes ( and I do have some in my fridge right now ) are nice to have around for that quick meal that I don't have the time to prepare. I just balance them in to my day. I don't do it everyday though. Fruits and veggies are very important, I have learned, and I like to fit those in my daily goals opposed to a meal replacement and be short on my fruits and veggies. If you want to replace those meals with a quick drink, get yourself a juicer and for breakfast, throw yourself 3 fruits and some fat free milk in there... or the blender... and drink away. I do that everyday at one point or another...so good!! I love my salads so I am not hip on the veggie juicing, but you may like it for lunch... you might try it and see...
  • infamousmk
    Options
    I started out on those, but when I started MFP, I learned to enjoy the meals and it seems more logical to me. The shakes ( and I do have some in my fridge right now ) are nice to have around for that quick meal that I don't have the time to prepare. I just balance them in to my day. I don't do it everyday though. Fruits and veggies are very important, I have learned, and I like to fit those in my daily goals opposed to a meal replacement and be short on my fruits and veggies. If you want to replace those meals with a quick drink, get yourself a juicer and for breakfast, throw yourself 3 fruits and some fat free milk in there... or the blender... and drink away. I do that everyday at one point or another...so good!! I love my salads so I am not hip on the veggie juicing, but you may like it for lunch... you might try it and see...

Thanks for sharing that! I think this is totally a smart idea - we all get busy some times and having something quick and easy is better than nothing at all. It's great to hear that you came to MFP and learned more about balancing wholesome foods with an occassional shake when necessary.