Difficulties

Options
OK, so I knew about one difficulty before I started on MFP: I've got no working scales and have to wait to see the nutritionist to get weighed.... usually some weeks between appointments. The other difficulty involves the question of burning calories: my disability condition is such that I'm in constant pain (good for consuming calories), walking increases pain and requires considerable effort, and stairs are on a whole different order of energy expenditure! I've no idea, then, as to just how many calories I burn on an average day.... without even thinking about exercises....

Replies

• calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale and I'm kind of glad because I would obsess over the number.
    Can you go by how your clothes are fitting you? I also sometimes use a measuring tape out of my sewing kit.
  • knitsteve
    Options
    Fortunately I'm not inclined to obsess about anything :wink: I've not taken measurements at any time so I'd have no idea what targets to set :smile: As for clothing "fit", everything has been hugely oversized for ages :happy: