Pizza Hut

Options
:grumble: Going out for my niece's birthday party this week, but we are going to Pizza Hut. Any suggestions on what I could have to eat apart from salad which I will be having plenty of anyway. Advice would be appreicated

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    thin crust and veggie loaded and ask them to go light on the cheese.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Avoid pizzas with fatty toppings (extra cheese, pepperoni, sausage, etc). Load the pizza up with fresh vegetables. Ask for thin crust if possible and eat slowly to savor the food.
  • melmarler
    Options
    I would check their website for nutritional info before going. http://quikorder.pizzahut.com/QOcontent2/Files/PDF/NutritionInformation.pdf
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut 12" Fit 'N Delicious Pizza with Diced Chicken, Red Onion, and Green Pepper

2 slices, 340 calories
    9g fat, 4g saturated fat
    A dietitian's dream: thin crust, lean chicken, and vegetable toppings, plus half the cheese of the regular Thin 'N Crispy Pizza.

Pizza Hut 12" Veggie Lover's Hand-Tossed Pizza

1 slice, 220 calories
    6g fat, 3g saturated fat
    One slice is sometimes just as satisfying as more, as long as it has a thick crust and a full allotment of cheese. Though not quite as light as the Fit 'N Delicious, the Hut's Hand-Tossed pies are still lower in calories than its deep-dish pan pizzas.
  • tsbrown09
    Options
    I like to look at the nutritional information before I go. That way it is fresh on my mind whenever I think about being bad! LoL.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Share with others and not just one other person because even half has a s*** load of cals etc. Share with maybe 3 or 4 if you can and drink plenty of water.
  • jennlee80
    Options
    I mean lets face it. It's going to be hard to find something healthy here. I don't know much about there menu but if you are going to do pizza. I would try and stick to thin crust, light cheese, and extra veggies!!! Fill up on some salad first and have a piece or 2 of pizza. Drink lots of water before and during so you feel full. Plus it will help with the sodium intake! Good luck!
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree with the thin crust veggie and try to stick to 1-2 pieces. Maybe drink a protein shake before you go so you are not as hungry and this would give you some protein to offset the carbs.
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The 6" personal pan pizzas are a possibility - the cheese one is 590 calories and the pepperoni one is 610 calories.

Also, if the group is ordering pizza's, you could look up the nutrition information here:

http://quikorder.pizzahut.com/QOcontent2/Files/PDF/NutritionInformation.pdf

I went earlier today and found that the large thin crust veggie lovers slices are 240 calories each and quite tasty.

Good luck!
  • jennlee80
    Options
    That fit and delish sounds like an awesome plan!
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I used to work there and the healthiest thing I could find was traditional wings with no sauce. However, getting the sauce on the side is always better becuase you control how much goes on. Stay away from pizza but, it you can't, go for plain toppings (one or two max) that are veggies and thin crust...the hand-tossed and pan are LOADED with cals and bad carbs!! You can also ask for a nutrition menu..I'm pretty sure they are all required to have one
  • weelee87
    weelee87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If your not too bothered about the cheese then you could ask for it without, that would reduce the fat a fair bit. I did this when I was vegan and they were always happy to do it... although sometimes they did give you slightly odd looks lol. pizza minus the cheese is still good. Other than that... do a big work out in the morning then don't worry about it too much, just make up for it by being super good the rest of the week :p thats what I would do...

lee xxx
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Don't order a pizza just for you, ask to share with someone else and have 1-2 slices with the all-you-can-eat salad bar.

As it's a party there's probably going to be plenty to go around anyway and just enjoy yourself and try not to worry too much. You can always have a light couple of days afterwards even if you do over-indulge a little :wink:
  • jmott27
    jmott27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I suggest eating before so you only have one or two pieces of pizza. And don't give into the soda craving.
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Do they still do pasta at pizza hut? If so, i think that might be a good choice to go for! Something with a tomato sauce rather than cheese etc! And lots of salad to fill you up X Have fun and good luck X
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Work out in the morning to earn some extra cals and have a tomato based pasta if poss...x
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like to look at the nutritional information before I go. That way it is fresh on my mind whenever I think about being bad! LoL.

Agreed. I have been trying to do this if I know that I am going out to eat rather than having a rude awakening when I log my calories AFTER I eat
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Do they still do pasta at pizza hut? If so, i think that might be a good choice to go for! Something with a tomato sauce rather than cheese etc! And lots of salad to fill you up X Have fun and good luck X

The pasta is just as bad for you - at least that was my experience with the take out...
    Work out in the morning to earn some extra cals and have a tomato based pasta if poss...x

THIS!!! Definately!
  • Felesina1
    Options
    Ultimately, this is a family function and having 1 slice isn't going to kill you or your diet. It may mean extra work-out time or rearranging your diet for the day to allow for these types of calories. Don't be too hard on yourself.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Will let you all know how I get on:bigsmile: