SUCCESS!! **lots of pics**

Options
I'm so excited to post my official "Success Story". I've made it to my goal weight range and I am now transitioning from "losing weight" to "maintaining". I couldn't have done it without the support of my dear husband and my fantastic MFP friends.

In 2008 I gained 50+ pounds while pregnant with my second child (I only gained 20 with the first and lost it all). I went from 134 lbs to 183+ (that is when I stopped counting). That was a TON of weight on my small 5'2 frame. See below:
may92008a.jpg

After having my sweet little butterball I dropped from 183+ lbs to 147 lbs. Then the sight of my saggy skin kept me from losing more and I purposely gained weight to try and "fill" it out. That didn't look good either. I was hovering between 157-162 lbs and felt terrible. I'd been telling myself for years that I wanted to be the "best me I could be" by the time I reached 30. On my 29th birthday I decided that I would FINALLY do something (and not just half-*kitten* it this time). I knew that I wouldn't be happy with the skin that I was left with (carefully hidden in the picture below) and decided that I needed a tummy tuck in order to feel comfortable with myself. Thankfully I have an amazingly supportive husband who supports my decision 100%.

successw.jpg

In January, I started working out a few days a week and tracking my calories on MFP. I also joined my first 12 week challenge. I even joined a weightloss support group (it was a waste of money because I learned more and received more support through MFP). In February I started INSANITY, finished all 60 days and immediately started TurboFire (I also started my own 12 week challenge). After 12 weeks of TurboFire I started P90X (but still did TurboFire for cardio) and started my second 12 week challenge. I will finish my first round of P90X next week and then I will immediately start 12 weeks of P90X/TurboFire Hybrid which will last until December 11th (and yes, I'll be in another 12 week challenge). I'll have my tummy tuck on December 12 and will have officially met all of my goals in time for my 30th birthday on December 12th.

slide3p.jpg
slide4hd.jpg
slide5x.jpg

:bigsmile: Important things I learned in these 8 months:
1) Not only do you need to watch the calories, you need to watch where they are coming from.
2) Don't be afraid of lifting weights, your body needs lean muscle to burn calories and fat
3) Cardio alone will not do the job, you need diet, cardio, weights/strength training, and flexibility (stretching)
4) How the clothes fit and how you feel is more important than the number on the scale
5) There is no "easy way" or "quick fix". What works for me may not work for you and what works for you may not work for me. You have to try hard and work hard every day.
6) Messing up does not mean you are a failure, it just means you are still learning.
7) There is no such thing as foods that are off-limits (I'm not on a "diet)...if what I'm eating/doing is not something that I can maintain for the long haul, then I am bound to fail. I choose to make healthy choices but I will not deny myself something I love forever.

:flowerforyou: Thanks to all of my AMAZING MFP friend that have been with me all the way. The 12 week challenges have kept me accountable and the friends I have made have supported me every step of the way!!!

dscf3370.jpg
Yes, I am officially "that girl" that flexes in the mirror about 50 times a day. :laugh:

**Forgive me for being long winded. :wink:

Replies

• naina2006
    Options
    u look great !!!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Nice work girlie!
  • CaliHiker79
    CaliHiker79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, you look awesome! Great job
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! WTG. I love the pictures of you with outfits from years ago and now you're back in them! And mirrors were MADE for flexing ;)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Wow beautiful results and so strong and confident! Great work!
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    Fantastic! And just so you know, I am "that girl" too! I feel pretty good that I manage not to flex in the mirror at the gym :)
  • bflicker11
    Options
    What a wonderful story along with the pictures!! I love to see such a success story. It helps keep me motivated. Great job!!
  • mollb
    mollb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Great job.

I'm working towards my 30th birthday too, but I didn't start soon enough to be able to make a huge change by then.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • marjen002
    Options
    Inspiring!! I seriously wanna be like you when I grow up! :wink:
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    SO Wonderful!!!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!!! I love your arms!!! I look just like your before picture I'm 154 and 5'3 but I had a tummy tuck so my belly it's nice and flat but I have a fat face and fat arms ....lol.. But your gonna look great with that Timmy tuck!!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    LOVE IT...!! nice guns.. /want
  • biged335
    Options
    Awesome success story!!! All the hardwork has paid off!!!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Looking good :wink: Love the list of tips, all very true.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. What an inspiration you are! I had to laugh at the "Yes, I am officially that girl that flexes in the mirror about 50 times a day" comment because I think we all get to that point when we check our selves out in any reflection available! LOL! So Flex it girl!
  • Dianaka
    Dianaka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Congrats you look awesome, it looks like you have worked your butt off.
  • fluteypie
    fluteypie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats on reaching your goal, I hope I can someday as welL!
  • finabella
    Options
    Fantastic result you look wonderful and very impressed with your guns!! Trying to get me a pair of those :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!