Filling quick to prepare foods?

Options
Hi,
Just looking for some suggestions for the above so I grab something healthy? Really not fancying salad as it is pretty cold here at the mo

Also, while I'm at it, I have porridge for breakfast, anyone got any suggestions what else I can have on a regular basis that is also filling?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just looking for some suggestions for the above so I grab something healthy? Really not fancying salad as it is pretty cold here at the mo

Also, while I'm at it, I have porridge for breakfast, anyone got any suggestions what else I can have on a regular basis that is also filling?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    I like cottage cheese and tomatoes (+pepper), it's quick!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Soup is one of my favoite things to eat when I am hungry and want something fast! Watch the sodium if it's canned though.

Sandwiches are good too! I use a whole grain bread and sometimes pb&J is the best thing!!

And always try to have fruit around. Apples and bananas are really good for a quick snack to level our blood sugar out if you start getting that "hungry/nagging" feeling.

In the morning, I like to toast an english muffin, nuke some egg white and maybe put a little turkey bacon or lean canadian bacon on it to make a "Breakfast sandwich" type of thing. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and if you use a whole grain english muffin (The Thomas light whole grain is really good) then the fiber will help to keep you full. If you don't like meat, then put a little 2% shredded cheese and/or salsa on it. Delicious!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I second soup, especially if it's homemade. Put it into individual containers and freeze. Easy to grab for a nice lunch.
    Yesterday I made quinoa. Then I stir fried some vegetables and added them. I ate one portion now I have 3 more lunches. I used very little sesame oil for the vegetables, just a little splash of teriyaki and alittle chili paste for flavor. It was really good and I'm looking forward to my leftovers.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Soup is one of my favoite things to eat when I am hungry and want something fast! Watch the sodium if it's canned though.

Sandwiches are good too! I use a whole grain bread and sometimes pb&J is the best thing!!

And always try to have fruit around. Apples and bananas are really good for a quick snack to level our blood sugar out if you start getting that "hungry/nagging" feeling.

In the morning, I like to toast an english muffin, nuke some egg white and maybe put a little turkey bacon or lean canadian bacon on it to make a "Breakfast sandwich" type of thing. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and if you use a whole grain english muffin (The Thomas light whole grain is really good) then the fiber will help to keep you full. If you don't like meat, then put a little 2% shredded cheese and/or salsa on it. Delicious!

ditto----

For breakfast this morning, I had 1 oz of spiral sliced ham (lean), egg beaters, 1 slice of FF american cheese on 100% whole wheat bread ( 50 calories per slice). yummy and filling.!
    Turkey bacon and turkey sausage rock.....you just need to find a brand that you like. little changes add up to big calorie savings.......
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    ooh there are some great ideas here thanks :flowerforyou:

keiko - what is quinoa and where do you get it/ how do you cook it?