HELP! im new and need TIPS

Options
:frown: Hi Peeps

I weigh myself DAILY at least 3 times and the less i eat the more i seem to put on :-( I blame the weight watchets scales!

How do you pass on the foods you love the most?

Wednesdays is my movie night..how am i gonne sit there not munching on popcorn or chocolate

HELP!!!

Replies

• OElleBelleO
    OElleBelleO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can usually stop myself by asks if I'll feel better or worse after I eat it. Anyways, scales don't tell everything, you could be building muscle.
  • cheermom614
    Options
    If you aren't eating enough calories your body will go into starvation mode and store fat for fuel. Make sure you are eating enough, drink lots of water!

Also don't rely soley on the scale...take your measurements, they never lie!
  • lewis44
    Options
    I read its better to eat a 400 cal meal in 4 settings! so like if you had a sandwich cut it into 4 then ate 1 piece every hour for 4 hours its better then eating the whole sandwich in 1 sitting....Does this sound crazy?
  • jessgator
    jessgator Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself weekly. You can fluctuate by over 3 lbs just from water. Bring an apple or banana or veggies to a movie and enjoy it for the activity, not the food.

I just went on a gluten free diet to improve my health. I realize that no food feels as good as eating healthy will make you feel. Good luck!
  • lewis44
    Options
    thanks I just hope the cinema movies dont check my bag to find aload of Vegatables lol
  • Bein_D
    Options
    My suggestion: Don't become a slave to the scale. Instead put your effort into focusing on your food choices. It will be a more efficient use of brain power, not to mention you will stress less. Scales are dependent on mass and gravity, so if your body is holding a lot of water-weight it might seem as if you've gained weight. And being female w/ hormone changes etc can add to all of it. So, instead of weight yourself 3 times a day, how about weight yourself every 2 weeks or once a month. That way you are measuring an actual weight change, instead of change in "retention".

Soo,... just relax and focus on the postivie things that will actually inmprove your quality of life. Eat popcorn, but instead of the "Butter Overload" buy some kernals and pop your own. Put a little chocolate drizzle on it if you like with a pinch of salt and that should give you a Sweet & Salty treat that is sure to satisfy your taste buds and your over all weight/health goal. :o) Or make some trail mix and eat it with a cup of yougart. Think of your favorite snack foods, and find ways to make them more "quality"... Life quality.