need some advise please

Options
I have been working out (varying each day what i do) everything from
zumba, walking, jogging, weights, dance dvd's, ellpitical everyday
for at least 45 minutes.
I'm very pleased with what I have accomplished and the scales refusal
to move no longer bothers me, what is bothering me is that I can work my
butt off and not only am i more worn down I now only burn (according to HRM)
1/2 the calories I use to !
what should i be doing different ? can anyone give me some ideas ?
Oh by the way i get cardio everyday.

Replies

• hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It's the biggest caveat of weight loss: the less you weigh the fewer calories you burn.
  • picinina
    Options
    I'm at a similar stage to you. However, my new best friend is the measuring tape. I've noticed that even though the scales aren't budging, my measurements are still shrinking. Are you measuring yourself? Because as the end of the day, if my shape is changing physically, then that's more important then the scale reading.

Also, I eat back all or majority of the cals I burn, so that I am changing my body program gradually. I am loving the process and week- by-week I am getting results.

Keep at it and be sure to drink a tone of water

Ciao Picinina
  • getfitwithangela
    getfitwithangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's sad but true! I wouldn't worry about how many calories ou burn as long as you're making progress! :) awesome job losing 60 pounds!!!
  • Leola2011
    Options
    Could part of the issue be that you need to eat more calories? Perhaps feeling run down is a sign that you're not getting enough fuel.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    you need to take a week off. You are probably feeling worn down because... you are worn down. Give yourself a break and relax. Your Heart is now more conditioned (yeah you!) from being the right weight and from doing so much cardio it will be harder to get your heart rate up and keep it up.
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    Options
    bump
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This article has good info on "unexplainable" weight loss plateaus: http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2011/01/unexplainable-fat-loss-plateaus-explained.php

Hope it helps!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    add in some strength training......
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    As one of the last posters says, the less you weigh, the less you burn.

Your body also adapts to your exercise routine (moreso if you consistently do the same routine).

Naturally you have some options... You can train via HRM and try to work to your maximum heart rate. The more you workout and adapt the harder you need to work to reach your target heart rate. Circuit training and HIIT work in much the same way.

One of the best ways to combat this is to regularly change your workout routine...to prevent the adaptation from really sinking in. If you are a runner, keep running but at a variety of paces (intervals, LSR, Fartlek, Hills) Also throw in a couple of alternate workouts per week (i.e. weight training and swimming).
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, some great advice
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    Also I just glanced at your food diary. You are not eating nearly enough to fuel the workouts you are doing. No wonder you are tired.