Good Article for Anyone trying to get out of a plateau...

Options
The article suggest reducing my calories by 200 per day. That would put me at 1765 per day, what is everyone's thoughts on that, because I am considering doing it. Thanks....:smile:http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152

Replies

• wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I would go for it, at least until your scale starts to move! Or... better yet, exercise 200 more calories off each day! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    just switch it up. zig zagging is what I did and it worked like a charm
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    just switch it up. zig zagging is what I did and it worked like a charm
    I agree, just do something different to "trick" your body.
  • jridgway49
    Options
    If your on a 1200 calories per day, but your not suppose to go below, than how would you get off your plateau when you shouldn't eat less ???
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I normally LOVE Mayo Clinic articles and use their advice (I'm a little biased since I work there :smile:), but I don't agree that this advice will work for everyone. In my case, I was netting 1600 calories a day and plateaued for almost 4 months. Working out 60 minutes a day, eating back almost every single exercise calorie, gained and lost the same 3 pounds. When I increased my net calories and decreased the intensity of my workouts, I started losing again, 2 pounds last week alone (with my goal set at 1/2-pound/week). So if you've been netting a low number (like below your BMR) and exercising intensely, you might try increasing your calories a bit and see what happens. Wouldn't hurt to go up to maintenance for awhile, seeing as you're staying the same weight anyway.

Good luck, and I hope you find something that works for you!