flat on my face

Options
My second day as a MFP'er and I fell right back into old habits: it was (and still is) POURING rain, so did not do my cardio walk today, work bordered on lunatic asylum, 1st day of school stuff, on and on. Now I'm getting ready for bed and am disgusted with myself for yielding so quickly. I'm ashamed. Well, tomorrow is another chance to get it right, I hope........

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It is a process, you will get there.

As for right now? Drop and give me 2 push ups and 5 squats!! Honest this is what got me to lose my weight. When I backslid, I did SOMETHING...................anything! Then I kept the momentum

So what will you do right now to change your fate??

Good luck...............you an do it!!:drinker:
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Every time I feel like giving up bc I messed up, I read something about it... to inspire me. It really helps renew my motivation.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I did the 5 squats! My push ups are less than textbook due to surgery, but I tried those, too. Thanks for the hop in the britches that I need!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I did the 5 squats! My push ups are less than textbook due to surgery, but I tried those, too. Thanks for the hop in the britches that I need!

No problem! I did 2 push ups and 5 squats too!

So glad you posted!!:flowerforyou:
  • chrisc16
    Options
    Every day begins a new day. Don't let what happened in the past dictate what you do in the here and now. Keep the fire and keep the faith, with perseverance comes success.

Hang in there...
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It is a process, you will get there.

As for right now? Drop and give me 2 push ups and 5 squats!! Honest this is what got me to lose my weight. When I backslid, I did SOMETHING...................anything! Then I kept the momentum

So what will you do right now to change your fate??

Good luck...............you an do it!!:drinker:

EXCELLENT ADVICE!! :wink:
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Rain won't kill you!!

I ran 8Km+ under rain and wind today and I'm still here. Make this journey a must because if it is a must you can't skip it, not because of the rain, nor anything else. Make it a must, that's all it takes.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Put on some music and dance in your living room!! :)

or jog in place if you feel silly dancing. :p
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Each meal is a new start...don't think of it as an entire day....take it one meal at a time. :wink: We all have meals that are less than healthy. I am a teacher so I am up 1/2 hour early:yawn: and am currently doing Ripped in 30. It is 25 minutes in length and the extra energy boost in the AM gets me going. :happy:
    Good luck.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Well said and point taken. I guess my explanation is more accurately an excuse. Guess who'll be out pounding pavement at
    4:30 AM tomorrow, regardless of weather? I'm not made of so much sugar that I'll melt......... :))
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    After reading this article something clicked and I got inspired to try and try again anytime I experience a setback of any kind. Everyone makes mistakes, EVERYONE, but sucess means carrying on with your goals in spite of them :)

http://joshsgarage.typepad.com/articles/2011/06/everyone-blows-their-diet-sometimes-1.html