In Need of Comfort/Moral Support

Options
2»

Replies

• ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you should give up. You're not as important as everyone else anyway. Not to mention, you have to create and/or modify lesson plans, constantly alter your delivery based on ever-changing audience needs, manage the logistics of a classroom, etc. You're just not capable of altering your fitness and meal plans. Sorry, there's no place on here for teachers....

:laugh:

Is that what you wanted to hear there Ms. highly educated, self-directed, self-motivated leader of developing minds?!?

You my dear NON-friend are an A**! In case you haven't noticed, this is the MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT forum. I'm not complaining about my profession or my personal life. I am seeking a bit of camaraderie. There's no place here for people like you - plain sad human beings.

2nd that! Who do you think you are- going to a motivation and support forum and leaving smart@ssed, childish insults? This isn't MyFratBoyPal.com.

I think he called you:
    highly educated
    self-directed
    self-motivated leader of developing minds

None of those things sound bad to me.

I can't speak for him either but, I (interpretation of his comment) think he meant, don't get down on yourself, you are providing eduation and raising your own family. I think he was being funny.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm new to these forums, so maybe I'm missing something. I posted a comment here earlier, and now it seems to be missing.

Does that mean it was "reported"? I didn't think I was rude or inconsiderate, although I did quote another post that might have been interpreted that way.
  • marjen002
    Options
    I'm new to these forums, so maybe I'm missing something. I posted a comment here earlier, and now it seems to be missing.

Does that mean it was "reported"? I didn't think I was rude or inconsiderate, although I did quote another post that might have been interpreted that way.

I responded to yours and quoted it as well and mine was deleted as well. It probably was reported. Either way...I had basically said that after you pointed it out, I could see how I could have misinterpreted the original post. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in these types of forums. I certainly hope you are right. I never understand why someone would choose to be mean, so your interpretation definitely makes more sense.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options

I responded to yours and quoted it as well and mine was deleted as well. It probably was reported. Either way...I had basically said that after you pointed it out, I could see how I could have misinterpreted the original post. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in these types of forums. I certainly hope you are right. I never understand why someone would choose to be mean, so your interpretation definitely makes more sense.

My sarcasm often doesn't "translate well" in person either (just ask my wife). Now if only I could delete my comments to her after they've left my mouth. :laugh: