Frustrated

Options
I am a big person. My brother died last year. I told myself that I would watch what I ate. One year later, I am at the same weight. I am hoping something works. I have been told that this site was inspirational. I hope so.

Rede :flowerforyou: Pete

Replies

• aminor61
    aminor61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a big person. My brother died last year. I told myself that I would watch what I ate. One year later, I am at the same weight. I am hoping something works. I have been told that this site was inspirational. I hope so.

Rede :flowerforyou: Pete
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    It's been a great help to me. I've only hit my first pound, but that's probably the hardest one!
    Just keep going. Be honest on the food and exercise calculators. Join a team and get to work! One day at a time isn't just for alcoholics.

P.S. I lost a brother many years ago, then recently my father passed from Cancer and just a year ago, very soon after my father, my youngest brother passed. So now it's just me and my mom. I can tell you that I ate emotionally for a long time and now I'm paying for it. Hang in there.
  • cthomas105
    cthomas105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Being fairly new myself I have found this site to be inspirational. The boards are great, people here are helpful and encouraging! My first suggestion to you would be if you have been dieting for a year and with no luck...perhaps a medical checkup? Sometimes our bodies won't let us lose weight and a doctor can help with a medication.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hello, It's nice to meet ya.

My only thought it to ask how closely have you "watched what you eat"? Watching what you eat in general is a great way not to gain weight. But to consistantly lose weight you really need to completely track what you eat. The food diary on this site is invaluable and will really help you understand how much you eat each day. The other thought I would have is do you do anything for excercise? Doesnt have to be anything major, just anything that makes your life a bit more active. Anyway I am sorry to hear about your brother. My father's failing health is one of my biggest reasons for making this change. I wish you the best of luck. We are all behind you.

:flowerforyou:
  • healthnut77
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I have struggled with my weight for years, as most of us do. I have found what works for me and I get so excited to just tell people about it. I'm a 31 year old mom of two boys and a wife. I have lost 21 lbs in about 3 months. I workout 5-6 times a week for 30-60 minutes. I use this tool on myfitnesspal to keep me accountable. I am also a coach for beachbody - I do not get paid for coaching people so please do not think that I'm trying to recruit you for money. I have found what works, what really works and I know what a struggle it can be waking up every morning already defeated because breakfast was not what it could have or should have been. I like to help people reach their goals. I have only used the food diary of this site, so I do not know what else it holds tool wise, but I invite you to meet some of the people that I have become friends with. If it is not right for you then nothing lost, but if it is, you'll be so glad you made this first step. We all get into ruts, let me help you out of this one. You can lose the weight - there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to. Eating clean and exercising and holding yourself accountable. :)

Enough my rambling! Let me know if you're interested, I'd love to help you!

Healthnut