Microwave chicken breast in plastic wrap

ski3r4life
ski3r4life Posts: 206
edited October 2 in Food and Nutrition
So I read online that is possible to microwave chicken breast in the microwave. What do you think about this? Have you ever done this? Does it come out okay? I'm not a picky eater. I am about to try it myself because I am literally afraid of the oven...

Replies

• I once dropped a drumstick that had been microwaved and it bounced about knee high...

you might want to look at a george foreman grill. tastes better and no bounce.
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Sounds cancerous, I doubt you are suppose to wrap food up in plastic and nuke it. Just doesn't seem healthy :laugh:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    you prob could do that, but why not break out a pan, grill, foreman grill, pot, crock pot, oven etc?
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    You absolutely do not want to microwave chicken in the microwave, and especially in plastic wrap. The heat from the chicken can pull bad stuff out of the plastic film. Just my personal choice after doing alot of reading on the subject. Might be scare tactics but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Ok everyone, flame away, I've got my asbestos underwear on LOL.
  • It works like a charm! Even an idiot like me can microwave chicken! Wow! I want to try the oven next...
  • I've never used an oven to cook chicken... I am intimidated... but I bet it is healthier! :) I WILL cook chicken in an oven for the first time in my life this week :) Tips?? I am a retard.. my mom has cooked for me my entire life...
  • Chicken is great on the Foreman! And, it's pretty quick, too. Before I got married, I would grill a pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, then have lunches all week.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    microwave...no.....crockpot yes, george foreman grill yes, i love my showtime rotisserie YES!!!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    microwave...no.....crockpot yes, george foreman grill yes, i love my showtime rotisserie YES!!!
    Is that thing hard to clean. They look nice on TV but after cooking a few things I would imagine the crystal clear oven walls start to get cloudy and grungy. Or not...
    edit: the showtime rotisserie, that is.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    It works like a charm! Even an idiot like me can microwave chicken! Wow! I want to try the oven next...

You know...something tells me that you are 150% positively NOT an idiot.

Call it a gut instinct.
  • mistyb47711
    Is that thing hard to clean. They look nice on TV but after cooking a few things I would imagine the crystal clear oven walls start to get cloudy and grungy. Or not...

no... clean afer ever use and it its awesome,,,I have had mine for over a year now......LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........and actually is less of a mess to clean up :)
  • mistyb47711

and...if u never clean ur oven....close to the same thing..but if i put it in my dishwaser (including the front closing lid" whatever u call it, it is genious!!
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 237 Member
    I don't usually cook meat in the microwave, but I do use the zip n steam bags made by ziploc. On the bags it says you can cook chicken in there. Maybe try that and see how it works out for you.

Why don't you like the oven?
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Use a george forman, they don't cost a lot for the single person ones and they cook the meat 1000 times better than anything else.

If you clean it within a couple of hours of using it the fat comes off in a couple of wipes.. then you can just clean it properly. Takes literally 2 mins and cooks the meat way faster anyway, the meat comes out a lot more tender unless you were slow cooking it and has less fat in it!
  • rbloedow
    rbloedow Posts: 47 Member
    Microwaved chicken? YUCK.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Microwaved chicken (other than processed items like nuggets or similar) generally doesn't turn out too well. It does not cook evenly so by the time the inner-most portions have been fully cooked to a safe temp, the outer portions have already turned into tire tread. The only time my chicken sees the inside of a microwave is if I have to thaw out a frozen breast realtively quickly and then it's on the lowest defrost cycle.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    I think it's better to microwave chicken in the deep fryer.
  • ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Microwaved chicken (other than processed items like nuggets or similar) generally doesn't turn out too well. It does not cook evenly so by the time the inner-most portions have been fully cooked to a safe temp, the outer portions have already turned into tire tread. The only time my chicken sees the inside of a microwave is if I have to thaw out a frozen breast realtively quickly and then it's on the lowest defrost cycle.

Hehehe "tire tread" made me laugh and it's oh-so-accurate!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    I think it's better to microwave chicken in the deep fryer.

I personally like to microwave chicken in the swimming pool. It tingles.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    You can put anything in the microwave. Chicken, hamburgers, kittens, and even water. It all cooks just fine. Just not with much great flavor.
This discussion has been closed.