New to Fitness Pal

Options
This is the exact tool that I've been looking for! I think it will help me have a visual on the foods and exercise that I do daily and take the guess work out. Diet is said to be 80% of the battle... Well- let me tell you- I am now locked and loaded with my diet defense!!! Looking forward to losing with ya'll!

118478.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• nebgurl
    nebgurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is the exact tool that I've been looking for! I think it will help me have a visual on the foods and exercise that I do daily and take the guess work out. Diet is said to be 80% of the battle... Well- let me tell you- I am now locked and loaded with my diet defense!!! Looking forward to losing with ya'll!

118478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hi Nebgurl! This site is really awesome! I have never held myself so accountable before and I love it! It keeps me busy and I learn more and more each day!! Good luck hun!
  • nebgurl
    Options
    Thanks, Renae! I'm so excited about this site. I've come a long way and the last 20-25 lbs are the worst to get off. My body is retaliating and at a plateau so I will have to pay extra attention to what I eat from here on out. I was lucky enough to find a friend locally that is a great trainer. Yesterday was my first day training... LOL What a sight I was. Keep in touch! Best wishes to you!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good for you! If you are platueing (SP) have you tried an off day? Maybe that will kick you back into overdrive! You can do this!
  • emjohnson81
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to fitness pal. Found it while I was looking for a site to count my food and track my start at weight loss. I decided to start this after going shopping for new clothes last night and seeing my size! I need to lose 25 lbs.! I am amazed at what I ate for breakfast! I am definately going to monitor my calories better! I have struggled with infertility for a year now...so maybe this will help if I lose some weight! I will take anyone's advise. I used to run in high school....and would love to start again but I'm not sure how to begin...it seriously is harder to run with 40 extra lbs since 1999!
  • nebgurl
    Options
    Yes, Renae- I do take a more traditional approach to training.. 2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off. It is good to take a day off. My body is at the point that it knows exactly what the mind is willing to do. At this point, I'm chalking it up to a mental block. Having been a trainer and an aerobics teacher nearly 7 years ago comes in handy. Trouble is now ...it's working against me. I need someone to "push the dime" in addition to a "no cheating" mentality. I have to see him (trainer) every week. If there are no changes in strength, aerobics longevity, or inches- then I need to adjust the diet to accomodate my bodys needs. Often times- I have found that I have eaten something and forgotten to write it down only to find out that I have sabotaged myself. :sad:
  • nebgurl
    Options
    EM- A good way to get going.... This site is pretty decent but you should probably do a liitle reading to find out what a good goal weight for you is. If you don't have time to read...Start with the little things that you can live without or adjust and then establish your goal weight nutrition values. If you drink regular soda- be mindful that it is nearly 250 cals per serving. Most folks have 2 per day. By cutting out soda (or going to a diet soda) you can lose one pound guaranteed! - that's 500 cals/day (3500 cals = 1 lb). Also, sugar is a big factor in your body's ability to metabolize calories. Hidden sugars can slow you success. I would still suggest doing a little reading on what is good for your body type.

Running?- I "re-started" with a run-walk approach. My knees where weak and my heart felt like I'd just sucked all the air out of it.. Talk about exausted! Minutes is probably the best way to begin... run 3 then walk 1 min for 30 mins for the couple of day to a week for the ffirst week and then move on to increasing your running increments and time duration as your body builds its stamina. I now run about 4 - 12 minute miles per day. Perhaps this may be a good starting point for you as well.

Just my thoughts... Good luck to you... It's a journey well worth it!
  • trillionaire
    Options
    Hi,

I am new of course and I love this site. Seeing what I'm eating everyday really does help however I need all the support and motivation I can get.
  • nebgurl
    Options
    Hi Trill- What a wonderful screen name! The only thing I can keep in front of my mind during this journey is the saying "you are what you eat". Not to say that literally but I can't get the visual out of my head of me eating a Twinkie and then suddenly turning into one or seeing it stick out of the side of my leg- LOL!:tongue: Everyday is a journey "back to our normal self". The word "diet" isn't even in my vocabulary.

The biggest support for me is my friends and family- I let them know that I am on this journey and believe it or not they have stopped me from eating that whole Big Mac and Lg fries that I longed for (I did however, take a bite). :bigsmile: Never tell yourself you can't have something... it only makes it worse when you finally do get it. Often times one may find that the thrill of eating the fast food isn't what we thought it would be.

Good luck, Gurl! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!