Alcohol! I love it....but what to drink?

Options
2»

Replies

• emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Something I keep in mind is the amount of time it takes me to finish a drink. A glass of red wine (or a scotch or bourbon on the rocks) can be enjoyed in well over an hours time. A cocktail or beer takes me 25-30 minutes to polish off. Sometimes its better to have a higher calorie drink if its going to last the duration of the night that you wont be refilling....
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I don't look at beer as getting drunk anymore, I look at it as needed calories, and something to enjoy the taste of. In fact I actually think of it as fuel for my body, just like a protein shake.

Me toooooo! How bizarre, thought I was the only one, and didn't like to voice it hahahahahahaha!
  • haileemou
    Options
    I came home once and ate a tin of sweetcorn instead of buying chips on the way home...result!

Hahaha the things we do morenita71
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options

Finally - alcohol and being tipsy can lessen your resolve about snacking. Watch that one. Once you start developing good habits though you may find yourself making healthier choices - I came home once and ate a tin of sweetcorn instead of buying chips on the way home...result!
    Good luck!

Totally! I came home at 4.30am a couple of weeks ago, pretty darn drunk (pints of Guinness all night - about 15 in total. yum!), having bypassed a gorgeous looking FREE chinese buffet and my fave kebab shop.....and and made a pack of supernoodles! It was SUCH a treat, as I hadn't had any for months! I know then, this is it, I'm getting to target!
  • martinh78
    Options

So I'll have 2 pints of beer tonight :o) I don't look at beer as getting drunk anymore, I look at it as needed calories, and something to enjoy the taste of. In fact I actually think of it as fuel for my body, just like a protein shake.

don't forget the mental health aspect of it!! yes, sometimes mentally, we just need a beer/glass of wine/scotch/etc. besides, i feel that if you learn to incorporate it in moderation into your lifestyle, you're less likely to binge drink on weekends or parties.

I agree with this as well.
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    Ohhhh you sound like me .... I love wine, but after logging my wine intake on one night out on MFPal, I nearly had a heart attack at how fattening and calorific it is !!! Scary... I changed on to vodka and cranberry juice as really low kcls, or last week I treated myself to a spritzer, but used soda water rather then lemonade.. I didnt like it as much so I didnt drink it as quick made it last longer ! lol good luck !
  • vbsetter
    Options
    Hi, I'm pretty much a beer drinker and I have found that if I just drink my Bud Light on ice it lasts longer so I don't drink as much and I still have the pleasure of drinking and socializing with friends and I'm not constantly thinking about the calories.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    When I drink on the weekends I usually drink rum or vodka mixed with diet soda or a few glasses of Nuvo :)
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    Everything!
  • getskinnyk8
    Options
    I know beer if usually thought of as the anti-diet drink, but I like to order it. I always know that 12 oz is about 100 calories...whereas with a glass of wine, you have no idea how much is in your glass. And you have no idea how much liquor bartenders put in a mixed drink. It helps me keep track! Plus I happen to like beer..takes awhile to drink and fills you up.
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    patron shots.
  • angiecakes82
    angiecakes82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know beer if usually thought of as the anti-diet drink, but I like to order it. I always know that 12 oz is about 100 calories...whereas with a glass of wine, you have no idea how much is in your glass. And you have no idea how much liquor bartenders put in a mixed drink. It helps me keep track! Plus I happen to like beer..takes awhile to drink and fills you up.

I used to be a bartender...a shot is 1.5 oz, so a rum and diet coke has 1.5 oz rum and the rest is diet coke, however big their glasses are... I dont remember how many oz is in a glass of wine, but I do know that there are exactly 5 glasses in a (normal sized) bottle IF they pour it right. I've worked at a nightclub, country club, a chain restaurant, and a sports bar, and its the same every place I've worked.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I feel like whenever I start drinking my weight loss plateaus (like at the moment)!!! I achieve the best weight loss when I lay off booze completely....for me its not only about the calories but the QUALITY of the calories..or I just don't show results. Weird huh!? :)
  • leopardlushh
    Options
    Vodka is the least fattening, but definitely no health benefits. Mix with a healthy juice! Lol

I agree vodka and some diet cranberry juice or skinny margarita or sangria! I'm a white wine drinker but when I switch to red I get the same buzz with a glass compared to a bottle of white:blushing: yes the bottle...i like a lil buzz now and then
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i love me a gin and tonic