do protein shakes for breakfast work?

Options
2»

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet blender (they sell them at Costco); it makes smoothies or frappe drinks in individual cups and you take it to go--very quick and easy, and no big blender to clean up. throw the cup in the dishwasher when you come home later.

I make a smoothie every morning (and trust me I'm busy in the morning getting 4 kids out the door).

Ice
    1/2 banana
    1/4 cup coffee (cold or 1 tsp instant granules)
    1 scoop Spiru-tein chocolate or cookies and cream
    1/4 cup chocolate almond or coconut milk

I like the spiru-tein bc it's non-dairy and tastes good.

edit: you could add peanut butter too, or PB2 :)

BTW, if you buy a protein powder and don't like it, most stores will allow you to return it. I just returned Trader Joe's Vanilla Hemp Protein powder (yuck).

blessings.
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate protein shake with some sugar free hershey syrup and peanut butter and lots of ice blended up, it taste like a milk shake. I also add my esrpesso some mornings so I can get two things done at once.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking protein shakes as my breakfast every morning for months now. They work great and keep me satisfied till lunchtime. For about 15 years prior I never ate breakfast because of time constraints/laziness. The shake takes less than a minute to make and drink so it's perfect for me. I don't find myself starving by lunch and then overindulge too, so it's a double bonus.