ONE YEAR AND 107 POUNDS GONE FOREVER

Options
luv2ash
luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
WOW! One year ago today I began my weight loss journey. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I could barely walk as my knee pain was so bad. And I KNEW that my knee pain was from carrying around the extra weight for so many years. I tried shots after shots after shots—to no avail. I thought I was hopeless. I was outgrowing my largest size clothes. All I could see in my future was more pain and less enjoyment. I have 2 young kids who were 10 and 13 at the time. They were busy kids and I would avoid doing things with them such as going on rides at the fair for fear I would not fit. I would avoid the waterslides every time we went to the waterpark. I could not take them shopping at the mall as it was just too painful. Going grocery shopping was painful as by the time I made it to the back of the store, I was leaning on the buggy in pain and very ready to leave! I would avoid many social gatherings.

I decided enough was enough, it was time to work on getting rid of some of this weight, but how? I had tried everything out there. I was even contemplating surgery, even though I knew it was the wrong thing to do. My mom introduded me to an amazing program that helped her lose a few pounds (her doctor recommended the program to her). What! A program I never tried before, much less never heard of before?? So I purchased my first month. Well, I began this new program thinking I was going to fail yet again, but was definitely intrigued by this program and had to try it just like I tried all the others. Wow! I have never looked back. I lost 19 pounds in the first 2 weeks! 40 pounds in 8 weeks, and to date 107 pounds gone forever! My size 22’s are now replaced by size 10. My knee pain is barely noticeable. I am walking 4-6 miles, going to the gym daily, pushing myself constantly to go harder. I even went on rides with my kids this summer (eagerly). And I went on a zipline as that was something I would have never been able to do this time last year. Never, ever in a million years did I think I would be this successful! (and loving it).

I give many thanks to this amazing program and the loving support of my husband and kids. They are the best. God bless my husband—he will eat anything I put in front of him J . It brings tears to my eyes when my youngest writes me “love letters” and expresses to me how proud she is of me. My husband has begun his own journey as well, and together we have achieved goals we thought we never could meet. It has brought us so much closer. My family supported me every step of the way (even my long distance, extended family). And in the process, my kids willingly made changes of their own. I used to feel guilty if I left my family to go exercise. Not anymore. Now they ask me “mom, what time are you working out today.” I love having that time to myself and most of the time I am thinking of me during my workout! That is definitely something different – LOL. I have learned healthy habits that will keep me (and my family) healthy forever. I have since become a health coach for the company and I have been helping other people pursue optimal health as well—incredibly rewarding J I am loving the new me, but I am not done yet, there is still work to be done.

Replies

• authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    What a great success, you should be so proud! Congratulations!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    SO awesome. You are very inspirational and beautiful. :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good job! Congrats
  • Khushbu487
    Options
    hi there! your story is amazing and i'm so happy for you and your success!

i also need to lose a large amount of weight and i was wondering what "program" you went on. i was wondering what exactly was your diet and exercise plan in the beginning? i've just recently started eating healthier and joined myfitnesspal to help me keep track of things. that's when i came across your success story. i hope i'm not being a huge bother in asking all these questions. i just saw your success story and it gave me so much hope for myself. i'm in a much dire situation, but reading about your success makes me hopeful. so if you don't mine sending me a message or replying to this post with your diet & exercise plan and the name of the "program" you went on, i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you so much! any and all help is greatly appreciated!
  • gods_gal
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, but even more so on what you've gained over the past year! :smile:
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You did such a GREAT job! Congratulations!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Such a great & inspiring story....thanks for sharing =)
    Congrats to you........you should be very proud!!!!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
  • shebee25
    shebee25 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WOW you must be so proud! What a great success story thanks for sharing and inspiring us all, showing that we can achieve whatever we really want to.
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I myself have a lot of weight to lose and this is such a inspiration!
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Amazing work! You are very lucky to have had the full support of your family. Not everyone has that support system. I have some family support but I receive so much support, encouragement, and enthusiasm from my MFP family. Congrats!
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    THis is just the inspiration I needed this morning thank you! pls tell me what program u went on? Ive tried so many and yet im the heaviest ive ever been (besides when i was pregs)
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    THis is just the inspiration I needed this morning thank you! pls tell me what program u went on? Ive tried so many and yet im the heaviest ive ever been (besides when i was pregs)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for your willingness to share your success!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My idol! You are awesome!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You are so so beautiful& so inspiring! Congrats on your success!
  • vaalfrompahrump
    Options
    God Bless You, Please help me, how did u do it?
  • amarie_1508
    Options
    you look absolutely amazing! congratulations on your success! you are a wonderful inspiration and motivation to myself and other. keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!