Nothing looks appealing.....

Options
Ok now help me out here! I have been doing great for a week now. I am to a point where nothing looks good or tastes good. I don't really want anything.....not fattening or otherwise. So what do I do now? I am staying right on in the calorie section. Haven't been exercising much and I know I need to! NOW!! But I also know that I have to eat something or this won't work! I drink more water than it calls for. I am watching my calories, fat, protein, and stuff like that. Why am I not really hungry? I gotta look to you guys for support!!!:bigsmile: Any suggestions or advice?? Anything!!??

Replies

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Ok now help me out here! I have been doing great for a week now. I am to a point where nothing looks good or tastes good. I don't really want anything.....not fattening or otherwise. So what do I do now? I am staying right on in the calorie section. Haven't been exercising much and I know I need to! NOW!! But I also know that I have to eat something or this won't work! I drink more water than it calls for. I am watching my calories, fat, protein, and stuff like that. Why am I not really hungry? I gotta look to you guys for support!!!:bigsmile: Any suggestions or advice?? Anything!!??
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, how about adding colour to your food? I find that if I have a meal of say pasta & greens, I find it so unappealing, I no longer want it, but...if I add a tomato, some pepper, or even a few herbs it makes it look all the more tempting :wink:
  • renae77
    Options
    Well I am trying to stay within my calories and am scared that pasta would set me over. Of course I do like those Michelina lean gourmet meals and the pasta was great. Not big on tomatoes but like other fruits and veggies. I just want only simple foods for some reason. Nothing that requires cooking or anything like that. It's weird because any other time I would want to eat everything!:bigsmile: Maybe I need to just eat fruits and veggies! Uugghh!!!!:frown: This is so different from what I am used to from myself!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    how about putting extra effort into presentation? So make a little garnish from a bit of veg or turn make something like a roulade out of salmon and spinach for example?
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I know that you said you're not exercising much, but that is what you need to do to generate some hunger pangs. Go for a stroll with your daughter, bike ride, window shop, just get moving more. Also, it might help to have a big raw veggie salad pre-made to add to. Like greens, cucumber, squash, mushrooms, peppers, beans, etc. and have that in the fridge ready to draw from. Then add toppings, such as ham, chicken, tuna, black beans and corn(in moderation), etc. to give yourself variety. If you come up with a timetable and have food prepared, it may be a liitle easier to get into a healthy pattern. I wish you luck!
  • renae77
    Options
    I know that you said you're not exercising much, but that is what you need to do to generate some hunger pangs. Go for a stroll with your daughter, bike ride, window shop, just get moving more. Also, it might help to have a big raw veggie salad pre-made to add to. Like greens, cucumber, squash, mushrooms, peppers, beans, etc. and have that in the fridge ready to draw from. Then add toppings, such as ham, chicken, tuna, black beans and corn(in moderation), etc. to give yourself variety. If you come up with a timetable and have food prepared, it may be a liitle easier to get into a healthy pattern. I wish you luck!

Thank you very much! I actually plan to get my butt in gear today and work out! I gotta be accountable to the Purple Team so I need to bust butt!! I think a salad actually sounds pretty good right now and I am not in any way hungry!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I eat a little of everthing. I love pasta, so I measure 1 cup. You will be surprised how much that really is!

Variety is the answer for me. If I have to eat a chicken breast over salad every day I will go off the diet.

Also, I read somewhere when you change your intake your body will do weird things. I have days I have no appetite. I bought protein powder with vitamins and make a shake. I can always choke it down and then I am hungry on cue 4 hours later.

good luck renae your doing so well!:flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    Options
    I eat a little of everthing. I love pasta, so I measure 1 cup. You will be surprised how much that really is!

Variety is the answer for me. If I have to eat a chicken breast over salad every day I will go off the diet.

Also, I read somewhere when you change your intake your body will do weird things. I have days I have no appetite. I bought protein powder with vitamins and make a shake. I can always choke it down and then I am hungry on cue 4 hours later.

good luck renae your doing so well!:flowerforyou:

Thank you so much! All of you on here give me inspiration!:flowerforyou: It's all appreciated!!