Overwhelmed

Options
Just my own personal food for thought....
When I first came to the realization that I have a weight problem, I felt overwhelmed. Life overwhelmed me. My eating overwhelmed me. My inner-pain overwhelmed me. I felt very alone.
God has been good to me. When I first began this weight loss journey, I soon learned I was not alone. As I began to take steps to improve my health, I am learning that, while I have a lot of healing and learning to do, I would not be doing it alone. I have many friends who help and support me, but most of all, I have a relationship with God who assures me constantly that I am loved.
Today, I don't often feel overwhelmed. When I do, I turn to my friends and God, all of whom help me to focus on doing the best thing for my mental, emotional and physical health. I am doing this one day at a time.

Fear is a sign – usually a sign that I’m doing something right.
(Erica Jong)

Replies

• jenocelot
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are developing your spiritual health too! It all goes together. : ) keep up the good work, and enjoy the process.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good for you, .... do a little dance :-)
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You are so right with God and friends we are not alone. Have a great day!!!
    Ps. love the quote
  • mccgivens
    Options
    Really needed to hear that today. I'm struggling this morning and refuse to give in to what my head says. I will overcome this funk I'm in and I will win this battle. This war has been going on too long to lose it now. Thank you, again!
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!! Thanks so much for sharing with your friends :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lulu1962
    Options
    Totally needed your message today! Feeling overwhelmed has seemingly been a constant friend to me lately....but friends & God always win!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    I completely understand that feeling of being overwhelmed. About 18 months ago I was at the doctor for my annual physical. I told him how I've tried to lose weight but can not do it and always seem to be hungry. He sent me to an endocrinologist for my diabetes who in turn ran some tests and put me on some new medications. At first I did well losing about 25 lbs last year only to gain back about 10-15 during the holidays. It seemed like no matter how hard I tried or how much effort I put into it, I was going to fail. After losing another 20 lbs this year and a medication change, I started gaining weight regardless of what I did. Now I am back on track and losing steadily and exercising regularly. I've been able to turn that corner both mentally and physically. My feelings towards everything have changed and I am looking forward to my workout every night and no longer plan my meals by the priorities I used to have. There was no one single thing that turned the light on for me, but I'm ecstatic that that light is on and glowing brightly. Best of luck to you on the rest of your journey.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Feelings of fear and instability are the enemies tricks. I'm so glad you realized that you're on the right path. Continue to praise God and ask him to order your steps. One day at a time is the best way to think of it!!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    You ARE stronger than you think!